Login

Register

Login

Register

Beckenham: Police confirm second attempted abduction | #childabductors | #parenting | #parenting | #kids


An 8-year-old boy was left “shaken” after two attempted abductions took place within minutes of each other in Beckenham.

Police confirmed that the boy was approached by an unknown man at around 4.30pm in the wooded area of Kelsey Park on Friday, April 30. 

According to reports, the man told the Clare House Primary School pupil to go with him, before fleeing after the 8-year-old shouted to a friend.

The boy was unharmed in the incident but “understandably shaken”, police said.

Croydon Road Recreation Ground

Officers are in contact with his family and school to ensure the appropriate support is provided.

News Shopper previously reported that two hooded men on foot and another in a car stalked an 11-year-old, before chasing him into nearby Croydon Road Recreation Ground at around 4.40pm.

The men disappeared when the boy sought help from two teenagers.

Police say they are “keeping an open mind” as to whether the two incidents are connected.

The 11-year-old’s mother, Sherise Blackman said she was “very dissatisfied” with how the incident involving her son was initially investigated.

After she claimed police were trying to “fob off” the incident, the Met released a statement this afternoon admitting fault and renewing their appeal for information.

Superintendent Andy Brittain, from the South Area BCU, which covers the Bromley borough, said: “I fully acknowledge our initial response was not sufficient given the extremely worrying circumstances of this incident.

“The matter was reviewed and detectives are carrying out further investigation which remains ongoing.

“CCTV of the area is currently being reviewed to identify any possible suspects.

“Detectives have been in touch with the boy’s parents to update them on the investigation so far, and will continue to keep them informed of any developments.

“I want to reassure the boy’s parents and the wider community that this incident is being fully investigated to establish the full circumstances of what happened.”

“I would also appeal to anyone who witnessed this incident to come forward and speak to officers, especially the two men playing tennis that the victim approached for help.”

Anyone who has information that could assist police should call police on 101 quoting reference Cad 5322/30Apr.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Shqip Shqip አማርኛ አማርኛ العربية العربية English English Français Français Deutsch Deutsch Português Português Русский Русский Español Español

National Cyber Security Consulting App

 https://apps.apple.com/us/app/id1521390354

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nationalcybersecuritycom.wpapp


Ads

NATIONAL CYBER SECURITY RADIO

Ads

ALEXA “OPEN NATIONAL CYBER SECURITY RADIO”

National Cyber Security Radio (Podcast) is now available for Alexa.  If you don't have an Alexa device, you can download the Alexa App for free for Google and Apple devices.   

nationalcybersecurity.com

FREE
VIEW