Info@NationalCyberSecurity
Info@NationalCyberSecurity

Boston, police department sued by victims of Patrick Rose | #childpredator | #kidsaftey | #childsaftey


A child predator within the ranks of the Boston Police Department: A lawsuit filed Thursday accuses the police department and others of protecting one of their own, at the expense of the children he abused.One of those victims was 12 years old in 1995 when he told two Boston police officers that he had been sexually abused by their fellow Boston cop, Patrick Rose.“The victims here in this case are coming forward because they want this to never happen again,” attorney Janine Kutylo said. “What happened? Nothing. Nothing happened. Officer Rose, the perpetrator continued to work on the police force for 23 years, and Officer Rose continued to abuse that boy and multiple other children throughout those 23 years he was on the force.”And now 5 Investigates is learning this wasn’t the first time he had been accused. According to the lawsuit, the state child welfare agency, then known as the Department of Social Services, investigated Rose for child sexual abuse around 1992. This was earlier than previously known and occurred before Rose joined the police force on June 22, 1994. “Yet he somehow was vetted and hired by the Boston Police Department,” Kutylo said.The 61-page lawsuit, filed on behalf of two child sexual abuse survivors, accuses the city of Boston, the Boston Police Department, the Massachusetts Department of Children and Families, Patrick Rose, and others of failing to hold Rose accountable for the child sexual abuse he was investigated for beginning in the 1990s.“It is incredibly shocking that when we look at the evidence, how many people, how many people were in positions of power to do something affirmative to stop this abuse and instead chose to protect Patrick Rose Senior,” attorney Patrick Driscoll said.Last year, Rose pleaded guilty to multiple charges, including rape of a child, and was sentenced to 10 to 13 years in prison. But it wasn’t the first time he was accused.He was charged in 1995, after the 12-year-old boy told police that Rose molested him. And Boston police began an internal affairs investigation.Records state the criminal charge was dropped after the boy declined to testify, but internal affairs “sustained” the accusation of child sexual abuse against Rose. Despite that, Rose was allowed to return to work.“There is no evidence of any discipline,” Driscoll said.After Rose was cleared, the abuse got worse, according to the victims’ lawyers.“It emboldened Officer Rose to escalate the abuse against the boy who came forward,” Kutylo said. Rose’s career flourished. He was elected president of the Boston Police Patrolmen’s Association in 2014. He retired in 2018. Two years later, the man who reported the abuse when he was 12 came forward to police again, along with other victims.As part of his guilty plea in 2022, Rose admitted to molesting six children over a 27-year period. His victims hope this lawsuit will give them answers.“We need to make sure that this doesn’t happen again. We need to hold people accountable. We need justice,” Kutylo said. “Why would another kid come forward if this keeps happening?”When she released hundreds of pages of city documents on the case last year, Mayor Michelle Wu said last year that Rose should have been fired in the 1990s.

A child predator within the ranks of the Boston Police Department: A lawsuit filed Thursday accuses the police department and others of protecting one of their own, at the expense of the children he abused.

One of those victims was 12 years old in 1995 when he told two Boston police officers that he had been sexually abused by their fellow Boston cop, Patrick Rose.

“The victims here in this case are coming forward because they want this to never happen again,” attorney Janine Kutylo said. “What happened? Nothing. Nothing happened. Officer Rose, the perpetrator continued to work on the police force for 23 years, and Officer Rose continued to abuse that boy and multiple other children throughout those 23 years he was on the force.”

And now 5 Investigates is learning this wasn’t the first time he had been accused. According to the lawsuit, the state child welfare agency, then known as the Department of Social Services, investigated Rose for child sexual abuse around 1992. This was earlier than previously known and occurred before Rose joined the police force on June 22, 1994.

Hearst Owned

File photo: Patrick Rose in court

“Yet he somehow was vetted and hired by the Boston Police Department,” Kutylo said.

The 61-page lawsuit, filed on behalf of two child sexual abuse survivors, accuses the city of Boston, the Boston Police Department, the Massachusetts Department of Children and Families, Patrick Rose, and others of failing to hold Rose accountable for the child sexual abuse he was investigated for beginning in the 1990s.

“It is incredibly shocking that when we look at the evidence, how many people, how many people were in positions of power to do something affirmative to stop this abuse and instead chose to protect Patrick Rose Senior,” attorney Patrick Driscoll said.

Last year, Rose pleaded guilty to multiple charges, including rape of a child, and was sentenced to 10 to 13 years in prison. But it wasn’t the first time he was accused.

He was charged in 1995, after the 12-year-old boy told police that Rose molested him. And Boston police began an internal affairs investigation.

Records state the criminal charge was dropped after the boy declined to testify, but internal affairs “sustained” the accusation of child sexual abuse against Rose. Despite that, Rose was allowed to return to work.

Hearst Owned

Patrick Rose covers his face in court

“There is no evidence of any discipline,” Driscoll said.

After Rose was cleared, the abuse got worse, according to the victims’ lawyers.

“It emboldened Officer Rose to escalate the abuse against the boy who came forward,” Kutylo said.

Rose’s career flourished. He was elected president of the Boston Police Patrolmen’s Association in 2014. He retired in 2018. Two years later, the man who reported the abuse when he was 12 came forward to police again, along with other victims.

As part of his guilty plea in 2022, Rose admitted to molesting six children over a 27-year period.

His victims hope this lawsuit will give them answers.

“We need to make sure that this doesn’t happen again. We need to hold people accountable. We need justice,” Kutylo said. “Why would another kid come forward if this keeps happening?”

When she released hundreds of pages of city documents on the case last year, Mayor Michelle Wu said last year that Rose should have been fired in the 1990s.



Source link

——————————————————–


Click Here For The Original Source.

National Cyber Security

FREE
VIEW