Every day, the people of TSYS® and NetSpend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are “People-Centered Payments”, and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people’s lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere — and for yourself — we may have the right place for you.
Summary of This Role
Evaluates, tests, recommends, develops, coordinates, monitors, and maintains information security policies, procedures and systems, including hardware, firmware and software . Ensures that IS security architecture/designs, plans, controls, processes, standards, policies and procedures are aligned with IS standards and overall IS security . Identifies security risks and exposures, determines the causes of security violations and suggests procedures to halt future incidents. Investigates and resolves security incidents and recommends enhancements to improve security. Develops techniques and procedures for conducting IS security risk assessments and compliance audits, the evaluation and testing of hardware, firmware and software for possible impact on system security, and the investigation and resolution of security incidents.
What Part Will You Play?
- Research monitoring of complex systems and response to known and emerging threats against the TSYS network via intrusion detection software
- Manages detailed, comprehensive investigation of security issues by reviewing the results of work of Analysts I, II, Senior and/or Specialist on analyzing security log data, interpreting data in support of security event management process from various data feeds and triaging on a wide variety of security events.
- Consults on incident handling process which includes implementation of containment, protection and remediation activities.
- Mentors on new and emerging threats that can affect the organization’s information assets, researches the third party software/solutions, IT configuration changes (including access control requests), and network/system architecture from risk perspective, and provides appropriate direction.
- Responsible for the design and configuration of security systems, including proxy, remote access, mail gateway, intrusion prevention, wireless networking, data leak prevention, security information and event management and web application firewalls.
- Mentors on assessing and disseminating threats related to the enterprise in regard to current vulnerability, on managing and developing an emerging threat model.
- Consults on relationships to risks based on changes to implementation of ISO( International Organization for Standardization)/BSO(Business Services Online); counsels on PCI(Payment Card Industry)/Logical Security guidelines and models, HIPPA(health insurance portability and accountability act), PII(Personally Identifiable Information ), and Card personalization.
- Oversights cost effective solutions for system/application development regarding Information Security processes and concepts in applicable systems and software.
- Acts as the subject matter expert on Information Security functions pertaining to computer access control on numerous security software products and processes. Researches and stays current on the latest trends, best practices, and technology developments
- Understands business objectives and provides direction based on best practices, risk, Corporate Policy, and association and regulatory guidelines.
- Researches and implements the long term strategies for conducting system penetration, vulnerability and web application testing, risk assessments, policy creation.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Info Security, or related field. Or relevant work experience.
- Typically Minimum 8+ Years Relevant Exp
- Including network operations or engineering or system administration on Unix, Linux, MAC(Message Authentication Code), or Windows; proven experience working with security operations, intrusion detection systems, Security Incident Even Management systems, and anti-virus collection logs; including knowledge of industry standard security compliance programs((PCI(Payment Card Industry), SOX(Sarbanes-Oxley) , GLBA(Gramm Leach Bliley Act)), etc.). Knowledge of industry standard security compliance programs ((PCI(Payment Card Industry), SOX(Sarbanes-Oxley) , GLBA(Gramm Leach Bliley Act), etc.)
- Professional certifications CISSP(Certified Information System Security Professional),CISM(Certified Information Security Manager) ,CISA(Certified-Information-Systems-Auditor),GSEC(GIAC Security Essentials) ,Network +,Security +
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge – Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways. Barriers to entry such as technical committee review may exist at this level.
- Job Complexity – Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups.
- Supervision – Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments. May supervise the activities of others.
- Risk Assessment – Ability to identify, communicate, and mitigate risk within technical solution designs
- Industry Knowledge – Continued self-education of new and emerging threats and relevant processes, controls, or technologies to mitigate them.
- Incident Response – Knowledge and skills to contribute to all phases of Incident Response.
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, click here.
Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.644.8747 or +1.877.644.8747 or email at PayandBenefits@tsys.com.
Outside of US Applicants:
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here.