Location(s): CO – Denver; MN – Minneapolis
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you?re looking for.
& lt;strong>Position Summary
Responsible for providing data and information to business. Familiar with relational database concepts and BusinessObjects reporting environment. Assists in the development of business policies, conducts special financial and business related studies and cooperates with other departments in the preparation of analyses. Performs profiling and data cleansing to ensures integrity of extracted data and reports. Works with business unit personnel to understand and resolve information and process challenges in a collaborative manner.
- Gathers reporting requirements and develops new reports using BusinessObjects universes across various subject areas. Performs quality assurance reviews and tests to ensure validity of provided data and information.
- Extracts data from operational systems and reporting databases using Business Objects suite and SQL through a variety of reporting and data mining tools. Cleans, transforms, validates, and models data with the purpose of understanding or making conclusions from the data for decision making purposes.
- Extracts, loads, and analyzes third party data. Conducts analysis of databases and other sources of demographic, market, and customer behavior data.
- Collaborates with various IT teams to ensure selected technical approaches meet enterprise standards.
- Delivers recurring reports to internal and external customers on time. Takes ownership for identifying cause of delays and clearly communicates revised expectations to business customers in a timely manner. Documents and/or cross-trains other team members to support recurring processes.
- Provides data support to other team members around predictive modeling and statistical analysis needs and assists with value impact analysis.
- Works on assignments from various business areas and continually learns new data sources.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, information technology or related field or equivalent experience.
- Strong critical thinking skills with experience in data gathering and findings interpretation and presentation.
- Sound understanding of core business processes, industry trends, technology developments and I/T environments.
- At least three (3) years business analysis and I/T systems experience – general I/T operations with data analysis and process skills.
______________________________ _______________________________________________________ __________
- &l t;p>As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you?re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN – Minneapolis || CO – Denver; MN – Minneapolis || United States (US) || Utilities and Corporate Servic || 56745:BS Data Services || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 6361
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
In dividuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected] celenergy.com