- Proactively manages business relationships and expectations
- Facilitates timely and routine communication in both directions between IT and the business
- Represents Information Technology in cross-functional meetings and projects. Prepares for, implements and communicates new corporate initiatives and processes within assigned team.
- Participate in cross-functional work groups to assess business needs, data impacts and drive alignment to the enterprise data architecture strategy.
- Prioritize requests and assists with schedules and work plans for projects/initiatives. Consult with business departments as needed. Ensure projects/initiatives are completed within designated time frames and tracks and reports progress to upper management.
- Serves as escalation point in IT for critical business issues
- Acts as liaison between application development teams and across vertical partners to resolve issues, mitigate risks and monitor results.
- Communicates portfolio status /metrics to business sponsors/owners
- Know and understand key performance indicators for the business partners
- Supports business in development of IT and business roadmap and project prioritization
- Manages project initiation during conceptual stages through funding approval
- Confirm project delivers anticipated business benefit
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, MIS, or related field or equivalent work experience
- 8-12 years relevant experience or MA/MS with 6 -10 years relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft application software (i.e., Word, Excel, Visio and Project)
- Familiarity with health care or PBM/Specialty industry highly desirable.
- Experience with Enterprise-scale data warehousing, data marts and analytical data consumption patterns by end users and applications
- Thorough knowledge of IT concepts, procedures and practices in the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Agile process and iterative development as it applies to software delivery.
- Teradata experience desirable
- Hadoop ecosystem experience desirable
- Demonstrated ability to lead program-level business analysis projects, feasibility studies, competitive analysis and business cases
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve issues
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of an organization
- Ability to be an agent of change, handle complex technical problems into smaller simple solutions, and create a culture that supports high team morale.
- Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load and meet project deadlines.
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines.
- Limited travel may be required.
Home Delivery & Application Services This team leads application development strategy and execution, and business relationship management for Home Delivery and patient systems. They also manage all centralized functions for quality assurance, release management and production support operations.
Home Delivery Home Delivery oversees application development strategy and execution, including business relationship management for all Home Delivery, Contact and Digital systems.
Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) The PBM group is responsible for application design, development and strategy for all core PBM systems including Benefits & Eligibility, Clinical Programs, Coverage Review Determination, Supply Chain, Retail Networks, Client Data, Adjustments and Claims Adjudication. This team partners with Clinical Solutions, Client Services, Supply Chain, Operations, Product and Account Management to bring innovative solutions and service to clients and patients.
Specialty The Specialty team manages application development, strategy and execution, and business relationship management for Specialty systems.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes.
Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the ‘Most Admired Companies’ in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services.
We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation.
Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.