Yoh has a great contract opportunity for a Ceramics Engineer to join our client in Niskayuna, NY.
– Support several ceramic materials projects.
– Provide support labor to fabricate ceramic slurries used a cast able slips, as a fabrication of solutions of a metallic polymer compounds used to manufacture ceramic coatings.
– Fabrication of raw materials, component systems, and application of solutions to form coatings.
– BS or MS degree in Ceramics or Materials Science.
– Good knowledge of chemistry, solvent s, acid, bases, some practical experience working in a lab environment.
– 1-5 years experience in ceramics RD environment (depending on education level)
– Strong mechanical skills, ability to work on machinery, trouble shoot, comfortable building equipment.
– Some basic knowledge of heat treatment process, furnaces, and hardware.
– Ability to work independently, or with little supervision.
– Strong written skills, record keeping documentation is critical.
– Computer skills are required, spread sheet calculations, plotting, setup + run computerized experiments.
– The work would be best performed by someone with ceramic materials or materials process background.
Discover all that’s possible with Yoh. Apply now.
Yoh is a professional staffing provider with over 70 years of experience in the short- and long-term staffing services industry; visit our website to learn more about our company.
Yoh, a Day Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on Wired