VTS3 is a Veteran owned and operated company which provides custom software services and is a full service recruiting and search firm specializing in Information Technology, Software Development, Consulting and Business Services.
We work with both clients and candidates to place talented individuals with great organizations. We welcome all qualified candidates from all walks of life that adhere to our values. VTS3 places an emphasis on hiring other qualified Veterans because we know Veterans already come prepared to join the workforce with additional leadership skills, self-discipline, and a relentless sense of mission and adherence to high standards. It is our goal to contribute these Veteran values and skills to our non-veteran team members, and, in turn, deliver greater value for our clients.
VTS3 seeks to build long-term relationships with our team members, so we stay engaged and we strive to help them grow professionally and achieve their personal goals.
**All Candidates Must be US Resident Alien (Green Card/EAD/TN) or US Citizen.**
We are looking for a Chief Information Officer in Dallas, TX. The candidate will work closely wit other members of leadership to assure technology needs are met while providing a robust internal service model. The candidate must have strong interpersonal skills including critical thinking, active listening, communicating a vision of what is possible with technology, excellent oral and written communications skills, problem resolution skills, negotiation skills and ability to motivate and instill confidence in others regarding the vision and direction of technology and company.
• Leads a technology function that spans multiple locations, has a multi-national scope, with both mobile and desktop access to remote offices and cloud-based services.
• Leadership, management and business principles involved in assessing and analyzing business needs, determining priorities, developing strategic plans to meet these priorities, resource allocation, budgeting and cost sensitivity as well as leading others and driving for results.
• Oversees analysis, recommends and implements continual process and infrastructure improvements to increase productivity, reliability and reduce procedural errors.
• Oversees network vulnerabilities and ensures they are remediated within the required timescales.
• Performs liaison duties between various technical teams, business unit, and major clients.
• Interfaces with internal as well as external clients communicating details of an incident as well as an action plan for corrective action.
• Builds relationships by implementing regular service and account reviews, determining vendor selection, negotiating pricing and contact management.
• Creates written security guidelines and policies that govern infrastructure administration and management.
• Liaises with other functions on their requirements and balances these with other functional needs and company strategy.
**All Candidates Must be US Resident Alien (Green Card/EAD/TN) or US Citizen.**
Note: Candidates who do not have the necessary skills will not be considered
• BS, MS or PhD Degree in Computer Science, Information Technologies or Electrical Engineering;
• 10+ years of professional experience in IT infrastructure engineering and support including a minimum of five years of experience in a supervisory position
• 7+ years practical experience in TCP/IP Networking
• A diverse skill base in both Information Systems and Information Security which address organizational structure and administration practices, system development and maintenance procedures, system software and hardware controls, security and access controls, computer operations, environmental protection and detection, and backup and recovery procedures
• 7+ years of experience in designing, implementing and managing large-scale, complex, high-throughput technology solutions.
• Experience with managing Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Software as a Service (SAAS) hosted environment in the financial/retail market segment.
• Working knowledge of Computer Network Exploitation (CNE), Computer Network Attack (CNA) and Computer Network Defense (CND) tools.
• Experienced in engineering SOA and micro services platforms.
• Strong knowledge of information system architecture and security controls (i.e., firewall and border router configurations, operating systems configurations, wireless architectures including Wi-Fi network, server systems, databases, specialized appliances and information security policies and procedures)
• 5+ years of experience in service industry supporting IT-related services.
• A high level of knowledge regarding business office technology including workstations, printers, document scanning, client relationship management systems, paperless business processing, phone systems and mobile device connectivity.
• Extensive knowledge of Information Technology, particularly those areas related to Information Security and Network Engineering.
• Strong knowledge of the financial services area (or other critical infrastructure areas) with an emphasis on network/system engineering and information security.
• Experience with a wide array of security platforms, protocols, tools, and technologies.
• A track record of managing the delivery of complex, multi-faceted technology initiatives.
• Knowledge of Apple and Microsoft systems, equipment and technology platforms as well as iOS and Android-based mobile systems.
• A track record of delivering on-time and on budget.
• Proven ability to communicate complex technical and systems operational concepts to all levels of a business and IT organization.
• Must be solution and action oriented, balancing technical and business needs.
• Experience in retail systems including technical skills with retail processes including to Point of Sale, Merchandise Planning and Retail ERP Systems and Ecommerce.
• Experience and Familiarity with the inner working of Point of Sale systems similar to Epicor, XStore, Tradewind, Microsoft Dynamics.
• Familiarity with Traffic Counting Systems similar to NOMi, ShopperTrak and SMS
• Familiarity with Merchandise Planning Solutions similar to TXT/Maplelake, Oracle Retail Merchandise Planning, Mi9 and JDA.
• Demonstrated knowledge in advanced Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) tactics and mitigation/disruption techniques. Attack and penetration assessment and management experience in testing of Internet infrastructure and Web-based applications utilizing manual and automated tools.
• Experience with Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) and criminal actors and advanced knowledge of associated Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTP).
• Ability to perform network traffic forensic analysis, utilizing packet capturing software, to isolate malicious network behavior, inappropriate network use or identification of insecure network protocols.
• Familiarity with in-store Networking and Phone Systems.
• Broad understanding of store operations, systems operations, systems management, user support and help desk methodologies.
• Familiarity with Sales Audit and Customer Relationship Management Software and Store Hardware.
• Familiarity with developing comprehensive Quality Assurance strategy that includes test environments, performance test scripts, automation, test plans, and procedures.
• A strategic and creative thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
• Experience presenting to, and influencing, across an organization or team.
• Sound job administration skills and Interpersonal skills to interact in team environment.
• High degree of diplomacy and ability to see and rationalize multiple points of view.
• Proficiency in Excel, Word, Project, Visio, and PowerPoint.
• Above average written communication skills including documentation of findings and recommendations.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Demonstrated understanding of the importance of business ethics.
• Must be able to handle highly confidential information in a strictly professional manner.
• Certifications in CISSP, CCSP, CCIE-Security, or CEH desirable.
$500 Referral Fee Program
Earn extra cash while helping your friends!
VTS3 will pay you up to $500.00 for each person you refer to us and we place into a contract or full-time position. If you know someone who’s a good candidate for any of our openings, use the “Refer a friend” button on this page and earn extra cash.
The rules are simple:
- The referral must be made by using the “Refer a friend” button on this page
- The person you refer must be placed within 90 days of being referred
- The person you refer must complete 480 billable hours
- Cannot be someone we already have on our team or are currently working with