Child sexual predator Anthony Dear jailed for 15 years | #childpredator | #kidsaftey | #childsaftey

The historical crimes happened over a four-year period and involved one female victim, who was aged between 11 and 15 at the time.

Anthony Dear, 80, also known as ‘Danny’, was sentenced to 15 years in custody plus a further three years on licence.

The St Albans Crown Court judge told him: “The impact on the victim can never be underestimated. You took away her childhood. You’re just a perpetrator of sexual violence and a paedophile.”

Watford Observer: The judge told Anthony Dear he took away the victim's childhood.The judge told Anthony Dear he took away the victim’s childhood.

Dear was previously jailed for six-and-half years in January 2022, having been convicted of similar offences against a second girl, and the latest sentence will run consecutively.

Detective Sergeant Larissa Nightingale, who led the investigation, said: “I’d like to commend the victim once again for the bravery and resilience she has shown throughout the investigation and trial. I hope this sentence will give her some sense of justice and closure.

“Dear is a danger to children and I am pleased that his time behind bars has been significantly extended.”

She continued: “I hope this case reassures people that we take all reports of sexual assault seriously, no matter how long ago the offence occurred.

“We have specially trained officers on hand to provide support and guidance and will always do whatever we can to gather the necessary evidence to build the strongest case possible.

“I would encourage any other victims to come forward, if they feel ready to. We will listen.”

For those uncomfortable reporting to police straight away, the Herts Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) can provide practical and emotional support. The centre can arrange face-to-face support, sexual health referrals, and provide medical examinations.

To contact Herts SARC, call the 24/7 helpline on 0808 178 4448, email [email protected] or visit

Information can also be reported to police by calling 101, or via their website:

Source link


Click Here For The Original Source.

How can I help you?
National Cyber Security