Course Time: 60 Minutes CLE Credit: 1 Intermissions: 0 Location: Onsite / Online
Description: This unique CLE is based on real life and real-time information where bitter spouses, boyfriends, girlfriends and business partners have tried to use technology to spy on their spouses while going through a divorce or disgruntled business partners have tried to hack into each other cell phones. The information used to build this course comes from a company that has been running a “Honey Pot” called HackerForHire.com for the last 13 years. This website has gathered over 23,000 inquiries from around the world from people trying to hire computer hackers or learn from computer hackers to attack or spy on your clients, especially during a legal battle.
In this CLE you will hear recorded conversations of people who are requesting services similar to the following:
- “My wife and I are getting a divorce and I want to get proof of her cheating. Can you hack into her Facebook messenger or hack into her phone and get all of her text messages”?
- “I think that my husband is cheating and I would like to hire you to track his every move, so that I can use this as ammunition for a divorce.”
- “I believe that my business partner is stealing from the business. I would like to hire you to hack into his bank account so that I can find out if he is depositing company funds.”
- “My boyfriend posted nude pictures of me on a website and I want to get them removed.”
- “I am going through a custody battle and I believe that my husband has child porn on his computer. I need you to give me full access to his computer.”
What you will learn:
What every attorney should tell their client to do to protect themselves when going through a divorce, business dispute, custody battle or Temporary Restraining Order (TRO).
- How to detect if your communications between you and your client have been compromised.
- How you as an attorney can gather evidence of an attack on a client, without hiring a Private Investigator.
- How to write a detailed subpoena that is catered to a cybercrime investigation.
- How to detect if your clients cell phone, social media or computers have been hacked.