As of 4 p.m., Cleco had restored power to 93 percent, or 130,432, of the 140,000 customers affected by Hurricane Laura.
Below are customer outages by parish as of 4 p.m.
Parish and the Number of Customers Without Power
Jefferson Davis 5
Cleco says they have received reports of scam phones calls and have provided tips on how customers can stay safe.
“We have received reports from customers of fraudulent phone calls which is not unusual when there’s a natural disaster like Hurricane Laura,” said James Lass, director of distribution operations and emergency management. “Scammers use unprecedented events to prey on us when we’re preoccupied. As we continue to restore power, we’re reminding customers to be on alert for fraudulent phone calls, text messages and emails, as well as in-person scammers posing as Cleco representatives.”
Cleco says they will never initiate calls to demand immediate payment, and customer service representatives will never ask customers to pay with a pre-paid card.
Customers should be aware of these common utility scams:
- Disconnection Deception Scammers call threatening disconnection of your service unless you make an immediate payment with a pre-paid card.
- Overpayment Tactic Scammers call claiming you overpaid your bill, and you need to provide your personal bank account information or a credit card number to facilitate a refund.
- Vacate Your Home Scammers claim there is a need to replace your meter or other equipment, and you must leave your home for 72 hours.
- Power Restoration Charge Scammers call offering to restore your electricity more quickly for a fee after a severe storm.
- Identification Attack Rather than directing victims to call a 1-800 number, the scammers direct callers to press 1 to collect more data in an attempt to get your personal information.
How Cleco customers can protect themselves:
- Hang up the phone immediately Do not call back the number given by the caller. Cleco customers can reach a Cleco representative by calling 1-800-622-6537 or reaching out through Cleco’s official Facebook page at @ClecoPower. Also, customers can verify account information through the company’s online customer account management service, MyAccount.
- Delete deceptive emails
- Shut the door on scammers Cleco service personnel will always wear clothing that clearly identifies them as Clecoemployees. Cleco contractors also should be able to produce a photo identification card which clearly identifies them as a Cleco contractor.
As of noon., on Monday, September 7, Cleco says crews have restored power to 93 percent of the 140,000 customers affected by Hurricane Laura.
They company released an assessment in their noontime update that show the dates when customers who remain without power could potentially be restored.
Below are estimated times for restoration (ETR). Cleco says that unexpected damage or inclement weather could impact restoration efforts and timelines.
- Deridder – Multi-week restoration timeline. Crews are working, and an additional 15 crews were added Saturday, Sept. 5. In addition to the crews added on Saturday, an additional seven crews were added yesterday, Sunday, Sept. 6. Today, Monday, Sept. 7, three more crews added.
- Merryville – This will be a multi-week restoration event. An additional crew was added today, Monday, Sept. 7.
Calcasieu Parish (Dequincy)
- Thirteen crews were added to the area yesterday, Sunday Sept 6. This afternoon, Monday, Sept. 7, 10 more crews (on top of the 13 crews added yesterday) will be added to the effort.
- Grays Creek Road near Prospect ETR is Thursday, Sept. 10
- Grays Creek off Hwy. 8 ETR is Wednesday, Sept. 9
- Hwy. 123 ETR is Monday, Sept. 7
- Dry Prong Creek Road ETR is Wednesday, Sept. 9
- Liberty Chapel and Military Roads ETR is Wednesday, Sept. 9
- Bentley – Mundy Loop ETR is Monday, Sept. 7
- Camp Hardtner area ETR is Wednesday, Sept. 9
- Hall Road to Tarpley Road is Monday, Sept. 7
- Dyson Creek ETR for remaining customers is Tuesday, Sept. 8
- Iatt Lake area
- Iatt Dam Road ETR is Friday, Sept. 11
- Steam Set and JD Camp Road ETR is Wednesday, Sept. 9
- Donaldson Road ETR is Monday, Sept. 7
- Parish Road 11 is ETR Friday, Sept. 11
- Hwy. 122 ETR is Friday, Sept. 11
- Hwy. 8 ETR is Thursday, Sept. 10
- Hwy. 1200 ETR is Friday, Sept. 11
- Calcasieu, Union Hill, Seiper areas ETR is Friday, Sept. 11
- Hwy. 465 ETR is Friday, Sept. 11
- Buds Bounds ETR is Tuesday, Sept. 8
- Big Creek Road, Tarver Loop ETR is Tuesday, Sept. 8
- Hwy. 461 to Harper Road and Haven Road ETR is Friday, Sept. 11
- Hwy. 28 West area in Alexandria
- Section of Hwy 121 north of Hwy. 28 W ETR is Tuesday, Sept. 8
- Calina Heights ETR is Monday, Sept. 7
- Kincaid Cove ETR is Monday, Sept. 7
- Kisatchie Point ETR is Monday, Sept. 7
- Oak Street ETR is Monday, Sept. 7
- Cypress Street ETR is Monday, Sept. 7
- Valentine Lake Road ETR is Wednesday, Sept. 9
- Oak Hill High School ETR is Monday, Sept. 7
- Otis ETR is Wednesday, Sept. 9
- Hwy. 119 ETR is Monday, Sept. 7
- Clifton Road ETR is Monday, Sept. 7
- Tom Edwards Road is ETR Monday, Sept. 7
- George Road ETR is Tuesday, Sept. 8
- Pine Coupee Road ETR is Wednesday, Sept. 9
- Mora Road ETR is Friday, Sept. 11
- Hwy. 1200 from Hoyt Road to Cotile Lake Road ETR is Monday, Sept. 7
- Miller Road ETR is Wednesday, Sept. 9
- Northwood High School ETR is Monday, Sept. 7
- Hwy. 121 ETR is Monday, Sept. 7
- I-49 to Sharp ETR is Saturday, Sept. 12
- Hwy. 1200 ETR is Thursday, Sept. 10
- Lee Hill subdivision
- Right-of-way crews began working there on Thursday, Sept. 3 to clear debris.
- Crews began making repairs Friday, Sept. 4.
- Approximately 15 additional line crews were added on Saturday, Sept. 5.
- Yesterday, Sunday, Sept. 6, more resources and equipment were allocated.
- Today, Monday, Sept. 7, more Cleco resources added.
- ETR is Thursday, Sept. 10.
- Lions Camp Club
- Power restored yesterday, Sunday, Sept. 6 to this community
- Within Leesville city limits – With the exception of the Lee Hill subdivision, most customers’ power restored. Crews continue to work on isolated outages and should complete those today, Monday, Sept. 7.
- Kurthwood community ETR is today, Monday, Sept. 7
For additional information on Cleco’s storm restoration efforts, follow the company on Facebook Page or visit Cleco Website.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
To reach the newsroom or report a typo/correction, click HERE.
Download our free app for Apple, Android, Roku and Amazon devices.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Evening News Headlines, Latest COVID-19 Headlines, Morning News Headlines, Special Offers
Alexa’s Daily Flash Briefing
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram
Subscribe to our Youtube channel
Get your CompTIA A+, Network+ White Hat-Hacker, Certified Web Intelligence Analyst and more starting at $35 a month. Click here for more details.