• A collection of 75 original pieces, from 32 artists, ages 4 – 64 who have continued to create despite the devastation of war in Ukraine. will be on display at the Ukrainian American Archives and Museum, 9630 Joseph Campau, Hamtramck. This exhibit of a private collection will be open from 11-3 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays and 1-3 p.m. Sundays until Sept. 30.
Child seat inspection
• Get your child’s car safety seat inspected by a certified Child Safety Passenger Technician from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Sept. 16 at the Fraser Department of Public Safety, 33000 Garfield Road, Fraser. To sign up, visit signupgenius.com/go/10C084EA9AF22A0F9C52-child. For more information call 586-293-2000 ext. 209.
Food distribution event
• Hope for the Hungry Food Pantry through St. Peter Lutheran Church of Macomb will distribute food from 1-2 p.m. Sept. 21 at 24125 26 Mile Road, Ray Township. This will be a drive-thru event and those getting food are asked to show their driver’s license or state ID card. You should park in a parking spot in the west parking lot and wait to be checked in. Those attending may not pick up for a family other than their own, unless arrangements have been made ahead of time. For more information, visit hopeforthehungrypantry.org.
• Motor City Mitten Mission hosting the MCMM Charity Golf Invitational on Sept. 22 at Chandler Park Golf Course, 12801 Chandler Park Drive, Detroit. Cost is $125 for a single golfer or $500 for a foursome or $50 to attend the barbecue dinner only. To register or for more information, visit birdease.com/mcmm.
Historical Society events
•The Greater Washington Area Historical Society will host a used book sale from 1-4 p.m. Sept. 24 at their museum located at 58230 Van Dyke, Washington Township. Proceeds will benefit the “Raise the Roof Fund”. For more information, visit washhistsoc.org, the GWAHS Facebook Page, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 586-786-5304.
• Northeastern Toastmasters meets at 6:45 p.m. on the second and fourth Mondays of the month at Wayne County Community College, 19305 Vernier Rd, Harper Woods. For more information, call 313-720-8444 or email email@example.com.
Widowed Friends events
• Dancing every Tuesday at Polish Century Club, 33204 Maple Lane, Sterling Heights. Doors open at 6 p.m.; music from 7-10:30 p.m. Cost is $8 per person with a cash bar. A table will be reserved for Widowed Friends. Contact Victoria at 586-566-7936.
• Golf every Thursday at Richmond Forest Golf Course, 33300 32 Mile Rd, Lenox Township. Sign in time: 8:30AM; Tee time 9AM. Lunch following at Ken’s Country Restaurant, 69232 N Main, Richmond. Contact Chuck at 586-201-6607.
Woman’s Life meeting
• Woman’s Life Chapter 855 will meet at 6:30 p.m. Sept. 13 at the Lois Wagner Memorial Library, 35200 Division Road, Richmond. The focus is volunteering and holding events to benefit those in need in the community. New members are needed. Everyone is welcome to attend.
Nonprofit and civic organizations that wish to have their events added to Community Spotlight should email information about the event to firstname.lastname@example.org