Join a fast-growing company highly experienced in cyber security, cloud computing, virtualization, big data analytics, and project management! CDS offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits including tuition reimbursement and employer-contributed 401K, and referral bonuses. We work with the best customers on-site at top government agencies.
CDS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
On this contract that is pending final award in December 2016, CDS will support a cyber center of excellence that serves Department of Defense personnel and several Federal agencies.
The program delivers digital forensics and multimedia (D/MM) lab services, incident response, cyber tool/capability development, and cyber analytical support for information assurance (IA), critical infrastructure protection (CIP), law enforcement and counterintelligence (LE/CI), document and media exploitation (DOMEX), and counterterrorism (CT).
Coordinates and leads the design, implementation and evaluation of all phases of highly complex information security solutions and programs for a particular contract or company.
This position requires competency in computer forensics, electronic discovery, and Information Security. The primary purpose of this position is to conduct computer forensics investigations, data recovery and electronic discovery. The candidate will be expected to have a solid foundation of technical experience and expertise, possess strong communication skills, and exceed our clients’ expectations.
5+ years of experience in conducting forensic examinations, preferably in support of DoD mission requirements or federal law enforcement. Experience includes imaging and extraction, preservation of digital evidence, triage/DOMEX analysis, comprehensive forensic analysis, chain of custody, producing evidentiary forensic reports. Must have expert-level experience with Guidance EnCase, AccessData Forensic Toolkit or X-Ways Forensics. Experience with malware analysis, reverse engineering, and/or attribution a plus for some positions. Eligibility for DoD security clearance required, level of clearance varies with specific role. DC3 certifications preferred.
Essential Job Functions
- Designs audits of computer systems to ensure they are operating securely and that data is protected from both internal and external attack. Makes recommendations for preventive measures as necessary.
- Assesses assigned system to determine system security status. Designs and recommends security policies and procedures to implement; ensures compliance to policies and procedures.
- Designs training materials for computer security education and awareness programs.
- Evaluates highly complex security systems according to industry best practices to safeguard internal information systems and databases.
- Defines and reviews security requirements and subsequently reviews complex systems to determine if they have been designed and established to comply with established standards.
- Leads investigations of security violations and breaches and recommends solutions; prepares reports on intrusions as necessary and provides analysis summary to management.
- Responds to more complex queries and request for computer security information and reports from both internal and external customers.
- Provides technical consultation on highly complex tasks; may assist and/or provide limited direction to lower level technical personnel.
- Provides product recommendations of security packages to customers; Reviews vendor products and makes recommendations as appropriate. Conducts cost analyses to determine feasibility of new products for clients.
- Extensive experience in computing forensics
- Demonstrated skill in performing post-incident computer forensics without destruction of critical data
- Responsible for conducting forensic investigation for enterprise computer security incidents including but not limited to internal and external intellectual property theft, computer abuse, and attack/intrusions
- Responsible for the research, process development, evidence collection through investigation, produces accurate results, and reporting of all assigned incidents
- Analyze data and investigative information
- Assist in the investigation of real-world knowledge of computer forensics with the ability to provide accurate evidence of computer crimes to law enforcement agencies while using only approved techniques for collecting and preserving evidence.
- Communicate with co-workers and management regarding case developments
- Provide findings reports and recommendations based on investigations findings.
- Prepare reports and documents case details, developments and outcome.
- Any other duties as requested by management
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Masters degree desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- CISSP, CEH, EnCase certification preferred
- Six to nine years of experience in computer science, management information systems, or data security experience
- Experience working with information security practices, networks, software, and hardware
- Experience working with computer programming
- Experience working with operating systems
- Experience working with computer desktop packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Experience working with security architecture
- Preferred experience with SourceFire, ArcSight, BlueCoat, Checkpoint and firewall logs for some positions
- Forensics Specialist should be a proven team player with excellent oral and written communications skills, and a fine attention to detail
- Should also be a self-starter, capable of working on projects independently. Extremely effective oral and written communications skills are a must, in order to present strategy, scripting output and status information to the client in both formal and informal review settings
- Frequent interaction with government client is required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills for resolving security issues
- Good organization skills to balance work and lead projects
- Basic leadership skills to effectively mentor and lead junior level personnel
- Good interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
- Strong communication skills to interact with team members and support personnel
- Strong skills implementing and configuring networks and network components
- Ability to work with relational databases
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong communication skills to communicate with customers
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Good Presentation skills to present test results to individuals and groups
- Good leadership skills to train and assist less experienced personnel
- Ability to keep sensitive and confidential material private