General Dynamics Information Technology has an opening for a Computer Forensic and Intrusion Analyst (Senior) working at the Defense Cyber Crime Center located in Linthicum; MD.
Provides forensic examination support for the Department of Defense and supporting organizations. Conducts forensic examination processes on a variety of media including hard drives, thumb drives, memory cards, and cellular devices. Creates detailed notes on processes undertaken and develops forensic reports in support of criminal investigation and prosecution. Assists the customer in developing new and innovative forensic processes and procedures. Conducts peer reviews of other examiners’ reporting and serves as a mentor for less experienced examiners. Provides expert witness testimony in both military and civilian courts in support of forensic examinations conducted by the examiner.
Bachelors Degree in a related technical or military discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work/military experience.
8-10 years of related experience supporting intelligence operations.
- Demonstrated experience in the field of digital media forensics
- Demonstrated experience in mobile device data extraction and analysis (CELLEX).
- In-depth experience with file system forensics
- In-depth experience with registry analysis
- In-depth experience with Internet history analysis
- Understanding of steganography and encryption detection and analysis
- Understanding of managing complex large data set analysis
- In-depth experience with timeline analysis
- Experience with forensic media imaging
- In-depth experience with email analysis
- In-depth experience with signature and hash analysis
- Demonstrated experience with forensics tools such as EnCase, Forensic Toolkit, and Xways.
- Strong documentation and written communication skills with technical report writing experience
- Ability to acquire and maintain a TS clearance
- Industry standard certification(s) such as: CFCE, EnCE, ACE, GIAC, DoD
- Forensic tool and script development
- Programming experience
- Law enforcement investigation experience and understanding of search and seizure
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.