Conducts imaging and data extraction processes on a variety of media including hard drives, thumb drives, and memory cards. Conducts examinations on gaming systems and mobile devices. Creates detailed notes on processes undertaken. Inventories, disassembles, and reassembles a variety of hardware devices.
Required Education and Experience
3 years of forensics experience
One or more current certifications in forensics
Three years of experience with the following:
• Experience with disassembling and reassembling electronic devices such as computers and associated peripherals.
• Understanding of hard drive architecture and connection types
• Understanding of cell phone architecture
• Department of Defense Certified Digital Media Collector certification or eligibility to take
•Must have an active TS clearance and SCI eligible
• Documentation and written communication skills
• Understanding of cell phone Operating Systems
• Familiarization with EnCase, dc3dd, Cellebrite UFED, Microsystemation XRY
• Advanced troubleshooting skills
• Familiarization with computer file systems
• Familiarization with gaming consoles (PlayStation, XBOX etc…)
• Possess Hard Drive and/or Cell Phone repair skills
Security Clearance Requirements
Must be a U.S. Citizen and be able to have an active Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility.