Conducts imaging and data extraction processes on a variety of media including hard drives, thumb drives, and memory cards. Conducts examinations on gaming systems and mobile devices. Creates detailed notes on processes undertaken. Inventories, disassembles, and reassembles a variety of hardware devices.
Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments. Plans and leads major technology assignments.Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success. Functions as a technical expertacross multiple project assignments. May supervise others.
Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical or military discipline.
18-22 years of professional experience without a degree;
or 10-14 years of professional experience with a Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education; or 8-12 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree; or 4 years of professional experience required with a related PhD or JD; Considered an emerging authority / authority in discipline. Consideration should always be given for the level of specific domain expertise.
- Experience with disassembling and reassembling electronic devices such as computers and associated
- Understanding of hard drive architecture and connection types
- Understanding of cell phone architecture
- Department of Defense Certified Digital Media Collector certification or eligibility to take
- Ability to acquire and maintain a SECRET clearance
- Documentation and written communication skills
- Understanding of cell phone Operating Systems
- Familiarization with EnCase, dc3dd, Cellebrite UFED, Microsystemation XRY
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- Familiarization with computer file systems
- Familiarization with gaming consoles (PlayStation, XBOX etcI)
- Possess Hard Drive and/or Cell Phone repair skills