Raytheon Blackbird Technologies is looking for a Computer Forensics Analyst. The USSOCOM Identity Intelligence Branch within the J2 Directorate of Intelligence conducts and produces world-class Processing, Exploitation and Dissemination (PED) of biometrics, forensics and Document and Media Exploitation (DOMEX) intelligence for special operations forces (SOF) commanders and national decision-makers. The USSOCOM J2 has major responsibilities in the areas of Sensitive Site Exploitation (SSE), Weapons Technical Intelligence, SOF Vetting of Trained Personnel, Identity Protection and Blue Force Biometrics. USSOCOM is a Combatant Command (COCOM) with multiple subordinate components (USASOC, NSWC, MARSOC, AFSOC and JSOC). USSOCOM has operational units deployed globally requiring near real time Identity Intelligence (i2) Fusion across DOD, Inter-Agency and International Partnerships. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
*** OCONUS Travel associated with this position***
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide direct Intelligence support to USSOCOM Identity Intelligence Exploitation Cell (I2EC), USSOCOM HQS, Theater Special Operations Centers (TSOC) and deployed SOF teams in the form of computer and digital media exploitation.
- Forensic examiners shall triage digital evidence (hard drives, laptops, flash drives and media cards) and acquire forensically sound images utilizing industry accepted digital preservation principles.
- Conduct comprehensive forensic examinations of digital media obtained from a variety of sources and prepare concise reports highlighting findings.
- Utilize industry accepted digital forensic tools such as EnCase, Forensic Tool Kit (FTK), Internet Evidence Finder (IEF) and X-Ways Forensics, ADF Triage G2, Spektor and Detego to conduct forensically sound examinations.
- Leverage experience and knowledge of advanced computer technologies, encryption schemes and forensic theories to conduct analysis if submitted evidence.
- Submit report findings to I2EC analyst via USSOCOM SOF Exploitation Portal (SOFEX).
- Receive, inventory, and maintain proper chain of custody for physical evidence examined.
- Collaborate with other forensic analysts and legal experts to identify and recommend methods and procedures for recovery, preservation and presentation of computer and other digital evidence.
- Maintain proficiency in use of tools, techniques, countermeasures and trends in computer network vulnerabilities and security practices.
- Participate in USSOCOM Sensitive Site Exploitation (SSE) Program Office and I2EC Requirements sponsored technical and operational evaluations of emerging digital forensics solutions to help assess suitability for adoption into the SSE program inventory.
Other duties may be assigned, as necessary.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance (TS/SCI) as of day one of employment.
- US Passport
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 yrs. of experience (Relevant work experience will be considered in lieu of degree)
- Three (3) or more years’ experience in conducting digital forensic examinations and a thorough knowledge of SOF i2 operations, intelligence, and interagency processes and procedures.Highly proficient in collecting and handling digital media and following proper chain of custody procedures.
- Proficient in SSE collection platforms (XRY Cell Phone Extraction, FRED-L high level computer analysis, ADF Triage G-2 low level computer exploitation and Tableau TD-1/2 disk imager.
- Thorough understanding of computers and associated hardware and peripheral devices, computer software and operating systems.
- Understanding of the principles and practices of electronic data storage, data encryption, and computer system security.
- Understanding of the methods and techniques used to access, recover, review, validate, and preserve digitally stored data files.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of evidence collection, preservation, and handling.
- Skill in examining and analyzing computer software and digitally stored data.
- Skill in identifying, analyzing and documenting evidence.
- Skill in collecting, transporting, processing, and securing evidentiary materials.
- Skill in restoring deleted files, and accessing secured data.
- Ability to perform complex and detailed digital analysis and research.
Desired or Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Current computer forensic certification (e.g., CCE, GCFE, GCFA, EnCE, CFE).
- Familiarity with Spektor Forensic Intelligence and Detego Forensics suite of tools.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges — from cybersecurity to automated operations, and from high-consequence training to clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, VA. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2015 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world — in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI – Current
Type Of Job
NC – Ft. Bragg