Seeking someone to work directly in an operations organization performing forensics analysis on computer systems. This candidate must have experience with computer forensics methodologies and tools using both commercial and open source solutions. Strong experience with Windows internals would also be very beneficial. A strong desire to improve processes and seek ways to automate tasks would also help a candidate succeed in this role. The candidate must also meet the requirements of the Computer Forensic and Intrusion Analyst labor category.
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS (or a related field) or 6-9 years of related experience
- Experience in computer forensics with GCFA or EnCase certification preferred
- Experience with forensic tool evaluations
- The ability and desire to use a wide-variety of commercial and open-source forensic tools such as EnCase, FTK and Sleuthkit to analyze hard drives in live and dead states and develop detailed reports based on the findings.
- The ability and comfort to perform operations from the command line.
- The ability to gather details from the file system, artifacts, and Registry or kernel of a Windows or Linux system.
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Provide findings reports and recommendations based on investigations findings.
- Prepare reports and documents case details, developments and outcome.
Security Clearance Required: TS SCI w/ FS Poly
BrainTrust is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, age, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability.