Learn the techniques and practices for gathering and analyzing evidence used to solve crimes involving computers. While other texts offer more of an overview of the field, this hands-on learning text provides clear instruction on the tools and techniques of the trade, introducing readers to every step of the computer forensics investigation-from lab set-up to testifying in court. It also details step-by-step guidance on how to use current forensics software and provides free demo downloads of popular tools like FTK Imager for use with Case Projects and Hands-On Projects-giving readers the opportunity to put their new skills into action.
You will also learn the most popular forensics tools and provides specific guidance on dealing with civil and criminal matters relating to the law and technology. Includes discussions on how to manage a digital forensics operation in today’s business environment.
- GUIDE TO COMPUTER FORENSICS AND INVESTIGATIONS explains how to use the most popular forensics tools.
- Provides specific guidance on dealing with civil and criminal matters relating to the law and technology.
- Includes discussions on how to manage a digital forensics operation in today’s business environment.
- Review Questions, Hands-On Projects, and Case Projects that give readers the opportunity to practice skills they have learned.
- Free software works with running case studies, giving readers the opportunity to test their new skills and tying the content to professional practice.
- Videos of drive acquisitions and related activities for digital forensics are also included on the DVD.
- Expansive artwork brings chapter concepts to life. For example, cutaway views of hard drives present a difficult concept like the anatomy of a disk in a way students can fully understand.
Prerequisite: Knowledge of Computer Technology
What Will You Receive:
- Certificate “Computer And Mobile Forensics Investigator” by National Cyber Security University
- Android Tablet