PSI Pax is currently recruiting for a Computer Network Defense Engineer to support our government customer in Indianapolis, IN.
The Computer Network Defense Engineer must be an IT Security professional with a strong background in engineering, implementing, and supporting security infrastructure to include web proxy/content filter, IPS/IDS, SIEM, firewall and vulnerability scanning tools. The candidate should be comfortable working in a large and complex enterprise environment with a sound understanding of LAN/WAN. A background in incident response, forensic tools, Windows Server/Desktop OS and WAN compression are a strong plus. Familiarity with DoD cyber security requirements including policies, STIG remediation, inspections, and reporting are key qualities.
While part of a team of highly skilled security professionals, this position requires that the candidate have the ability to work independently and be able to own, manage, and drive security engineering projects from beginning to end to include managing schedule, producing detailed documentation, testing, implementation, and ongoing support. Strong written and verbal communication skills are critical as this position requires daily interaction with client and contract technical and management staff in support of DFAS, as well as mentoring less experienced cyber security professionals.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Determining enterprise information assurance and security standards.
- Developing and implementing information assurance/security standards and procedures.
- Coordinating, developing, and evaluating security programs for an organization.
- Recommending information assurance/security solutions to support requirements.
- Identifying, reporting, and resolving security violations.
- Establishing and satisfying information assurance and security requirements based upon the analysis of user, policy, regulatory, and resources demands.
- Work 2nd or 3rd shift or weekend hours
- Author security analysis and recommendations (e.g. Google Appliance, wireless headsets)
- Provide monitoring and risk analysis of zero-day and other vulnerabilities
- Evaluation of NIST, Federal and DoD guidelines, policies, directives, memos, etc. as it relates to cybersecurity
- 24/7 monitoring of DFAS security landscape
- Triage of SIEM events and determine escalation of indicators
- 24/7 contact with JFHQ-DODIN, Cybercomm, NSA, et al for receiving and triaging threat indicators
- Must be US citizen. Secret clearance (Interim acceptable on Day 1)
- GCIH, CEH or equivalent
- Three (3) years of experience with incident handling, forensics, sensor alert tracking, or Cybersecurity case management
- Experience with Cybersecurity tools, including ArcSight, ACAS, or other SIEM tools
- Experience with Cybersecurity forensics tools and methodologies
- Experience with Network Ports and protocols
- Experience with log review and analysis
Bachelor’s degree preferred
PSI Pax is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.