Provide configuration management support, connectivity to networks, performance monitoring, and maintenance on computer systems. Responsible for computer, peripheral, and software purchasing requirements, maintaining computer lists (asset tracking and turn in), troubleshooting and resolving issues, and completing necessary DOD documentation, such as Certificates of Networthiness (CONs) or Risk Management Framework (RMF) and other documentation for multiple instrumentation sections. Operations will include patching and updating of standalone computers, maintain a secure computing environment according to YPG regulations, and work closely with YPG Cyber Security Office to solve problems unique to the YPG test environment. Build and repair CAT5 Ethernet cables. Perform other duties as assigned.
Pay Rate: DOE
Shifts/Hours: Vary by mission requirements.
• Must be a US citizen and not hold multiple citizenships.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license, without special restrictions.
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must have an Associate’s Degree/Military training AND two years of related experience, OR Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution AND one year related experience.
• Must have or be able to obtain a security clearance prior to hiring and must maintain the security clearance for the duration of employment.
• Must possess industry certifications within 6 months to meet DoD Directive 8570.01 training requirements, as required, such as CompTIA Security+ and Microsoft OS certification.
• Experience in computer performance monitoring and troubleshooting
• Individual must demonstrate motivation, timeliness, and initiative.
• Effective interpersonal and organizational skills, along with sound written and verbal communication skills are required. Attention to detail is a must.
• Must be able to work with minimum supervision.
• Must work well with others and demonstrate good customer service attributes.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screening.
• Must be able to climb up and down stairs or elevated platforms without assistance.
• Must be able to work indoors and outdoors in a desert environment.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs unassisted.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
• Experience with Windows and Unix/Linux operating systems.
• Experience with DOD’s Risk Management Framework (RMF).
• Experience with Microsoft Client OS Registry.
• Experience with Group Policy Objects.
• Experience with instrumentation.
• DoD Network experience.
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or technical discipline from an Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) accredited college or university.
Closing Date: Open until filled.
Other Job Information (if applicable)
• TRAX International, Test Services Division, participates in E-Verify.
• TRAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
•TRAX Test Services promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing, as per applicable State Laws.
•Must be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
•TRAX Test Services also encompasses four subcontracts to include: VETS,Westech, Spiral and Miratek. All positions with TRAX can always be transferred to one of the four subcontracts.