Provide the engineering support required for the analysis, design, development, and reverse engineering of computer hardware, firmware, microcontrollers, embedded systems, and embedded software. Prospective candidate must be able to work well in a team environment and independently under general supervision.
- Development of and the reverse engineering of embedded hardware systems and embedded software in one or more of the following operating system environments: UNIX, Linux, Windows, VxWorks, or other vendor-proprietary operating systems.
- Experience with embedded, real-time, simulation application programming: Unix/Linux Real-time, multi-thread, semaphores, shared memory, network, TCP/IP hardware interfaces.
- Experience with scripting languages, embedded operating systems, and communication system protocols.
- Experience with Software debuggers, decompilers, dissasemblers, and software reverse engineering tools such as IDAPro.
- Knowledge of embedded C, assembly, Texas Instruments C5xxx and C6xxx DSP processors and Texas Instruments Code Composer Studio is desirable
- Ability to design, code, integrate, document and verify embedded microprocessor programs
- Knowledgeable with Hardware and software encryption/decryption tools and techniques
- Knowledgeable with Computer Forensics and associated tools (Encase), procedures, and practices – Experience in analyzing, troubleshooting and developing repairs for complex software problems
- Knowledgeable with Assembly, Basic, C, C++ and C# programming languages
- Understanding of various hardware interfaces and communication protocols such as RS-232/442/485, IEEE-488/GPIB, 1553, USB, and Ethernet/TCP/IP
- Familiarity with FPGA design tools would be a plus (SynplifyPro, Xilinx ISE, ModelSim PE)
- Develop and design specialized digital signal generation/measurement instrumentation utilizing Complex Programmable Logic Devices (CPLDs), Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs)
- Experience with application software such as LabWindows, LabView, MatLab, and Microsoft Office
- Test plan development, data reduction and analysis, and preparation of technical reports.
For more than 36 years, MacAulay-Brown, Inc. (MacB) has been solving some of the Nation’s most complex National Security challenges. Defense, Intelligence Community, Special Operations Forces, Homeland Security and Federal agencies rely on our advanced engineering services and product solutions to meet the challenges of an ever-changing world. Join MacB where you will work a with team of highly experienced professionals in the areas of Intelligence, Cybersecurity, Research Development Test and Evaluation, Information Operations, fabrication, IT solutions, Logistics and Acquisition Management. MacB has won multiple workplace awards, offers generous salaries and benefits, and has outstanding growth opportunities.