Responsible for successful execution of desktop support activities. This desktop support position provides exceptional, high-quality, professional desktop, office applications and Engineering Tools support including troubleshooting to the internal user community. This position exemplifies outstanding customer service skills when responding to customer problems via phone, email, or the incident tracking system. The environment is primarily Microsoft Windows based along with UNIX/Linux workstations. This position will also have the opportunity to participate in the testing of new desktop images and software compatibilities on those images. Additional responsibilities will include managing a sizable amount of IT equipment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Primarily responsible for responding to classified helpdesk calls, emails to the helpdesk, and trouble tickets. May resolve technical problems and answer queries by telephone or emails in support of internal customer computer hardware, software, or network systems. May direct calls to Tier 2 support for hardware and software problems.
• Tasks may include analysis, identification, and isolation of problems based upon comments and complaints from the customer; researches and analyze such problems utilizing expertise, historical database records; responding or redirecting calls to promptly provide resolutions.
• Deskside IT support for desktop clients and Engineering systems/tools users
• Deploy software applications and software vulnerability patches via software deployment tools, i.e. SCCM (System Center Configuration Manager) and WSUS (Windows Server Update Services)
• Create and manage access accounts
Deep knowledge and documented track record of solution design with infrastructure technologies:
o Windows Desktop Operating Systems
o Microsoft Lync
o Unified Communications
o Video Conferencing
o Office 365
o Thin Clients
o Microsoft SCCM
• Ability to foster working relationships with the team, IT Management and Client departments,
• Ability to explain technical concepts to the business users in the context of business requirements.
• Knowledgeable of techniques to effectively elicit requirements from end-users, individually or as a group (e.g. prototyping)
• Ability to define performance and scalability attributes, constraints, and other nonfunctional requirements
• A strong methodical approach to troubleshooting technology issues.
• Keeps informed of technical and managerial advances in IT, including leading the introduction of best practices. Works independently with little or no supervision, works well in a team setting while demonstrating diversity and inclusion of ideas of project team members as well as others.
Familiar with Microsoft Dynamics CRM system and supported client software installations
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Rockville Maryland