Peregrine Technical Solutions is a subsidiary of Goldbelt, Inc., an 8(a) Alaska Native Corporation that provides expertise in Information Assurance, Computer Forensics and Cyber Warfare. Peregrine is in search of a Computer Technician located in Portsmouth, VA.
Perform professional technical engineering tasks under the direct and or indirect guidance of the PACS System Administrator or the Network Engineer. The duties as follow:
· Assist in the analysis and the support of the PACS network
- Assist in the troubleshooting of the PACS network and communications of the WAN/LAN
- Perform on-call duties; notification requirements are via telephone or pager
- Perform trouble desk watch, provide routine and emergent help-desk support
- Respond to user support calls as referred by the helpdesk system or person
- Provide phone and in-person support to PACS users in the areas of teaching files, system folders, PACS end user software and applications (e.g. Dragon Naturally Speaking Dictation Software, KEA VT), standard windows desktop applications.
- Diagnose end-user equipment problems. Install and relocate end user devices, (e.g. workstations, monitors, UPS, cabling)
- Perform maintenance and swap-out of workstation components. Perform tests to locate problems using diagnostic software and electronic test equipment. Repair or replace broken or non-functional parts.
- Install and or relocate hardware and software at designated locations. Add or exchange externally connected workstation accessories and data communications equipment.
- Assist in the training of NMCP staff on all aspects of the PACS workstation software and hardware environment as needed
- Be able to install cabling to workstations, servers, network devices, telecommunications equipment and data communications equipment.
- Assist in deployments and integration of diagnostic, quality control, and clinical review workstations throughout the MTF and remote branch clinics to support the PACS environment.
- Install, configure (including DICOM configuration), and maintain the Diagnostic, QC and Clinical workstation operating system and PACS software and assist in building, maintaining and relocating Diagnostic, Quality Control, and Clinical Review workstations.
- Assist in the day to day operations of the PACS archive, Tape library, and server infrastructure
- Provide basic system administration functions such as creating and maintaining system user logon accounts and system privileges and securities.
- Assist in PACS equipment audits and site surveys
- Perform system checks, updates, and patches as directed by the Systems Engineer or Systems Administrator
- Assist in maintenance of the DICOM modality work list services, tape library system, and in performing system backups, restores, and maintenance
- Manage and administer the Radiology and Clinical teaching file system
- Assist in the management and support of the PACS network, routers, switches, hubs and cabling
- Work with the Systems Administrator and System Engineer in creating and maintaining system documentation including Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). Provide assistance to the Workflow Analysts in documenting workflow.
- Support the configuration of medical modalities that will interface with the PACS
- Support PACS viewing applications such as (i.e. efilm, Radworks, etc.)
- Support management of PACS scanning, and CD ROM / DVD distribution solutions.
- Support management of the Radiology tele-radiology system.
- Support workstation kernel optimizing, memory management, session setting management, and some application services as they support the DICOM viewer
- Support management of workstation hanging protocols, transmit rules, and auto-routing.
- Must have at least (2) years of experience developing and maintaining web sites using Microsoft SharePoint.
- Must have at least (3) years of experience as a Computer Technician
- Must meet the minimum requirements listed below:
- Shall have knowledge of PACS hardware, workstations, scanners, voice recognition, tele-radiology, and CD/DVD distribution
- Shall have knowledge of Storage Area Networks and infrastructure components and knowledge of basic Radiology / Medical terminology
- Shall have knowledge of Database system environments, knowledge and skills to support a Web server infrastructure running in a Windows 2003 server environment
- Shall have ability to support, manage and trouble shoot a Microsoft operating system environment
- Shall have the ability to develop scripts to automate the users operating environment.
- Shall have knowledge of high availability server infrastructure
- Shall have the ability to support and configure DICOM communications devices within a PACS environment
- Shall have the ability to troubleshoot and diagnosis network, LAN / WAN issues
- Shall have ability to support Enterprise Tape Libraries, including the communication application
- Shall have the skills necessary to troubleshoot and repair and replace high end computer workstations
- Shall have the skills necessary to troubleshoot and maintain a Windows Active Directory Environment and have the skill necessary to support a centralized server and workstation environment
- Shall have the skills necessary to manage, support and administer domain and or computer user accounts
- Shall have the skills necessary to optimize multiprocessor workstations and servers