Concerned resident speaks out for child safety – The Pembrokeshire Herald | #childsafety | #kids | #chldern | #parents | #schoolsafey

Angle All-Weather Lifeboat Responds Swiftly to Distress Call

IN THE EARLY hours of this morning, at 4:58am, Angle’s diligent RNLI crew received an urgent summons, propelling them into action once more. This time, the distress signal emanated from a French yacht in perilous waters. The vessel had encountered a harrowing collision with The Smalls Lighthouse and was grappling with a perilous breach, leaving six souls on board at the mercy of the sea’s unrelenting ingress. The yacht’s own bilge pumps were valiantly struggling against the deluge.

Undaunted by the early hour, the lifeboat sprung into action, its engines roaring to life as it raced towards the beleaguered vessel. The call for aid also reached the capable hands of St. David’s All-Weather Lifeboat and the Coastguard Rescue Helicopter R924, stationed at the ready in Newquay, Cornwall. Mid-route, a request was dispatched by the coastguard to have the lifeboat’s salvage pump prepared.

Minutes elapsed, and Angle’s resolute lifeboat drew alongside St. David’s vessel at the scene of the maritime crisis. The situation was meticulously assessed, and a decision was swiftly reached. With the knowledge that the stricken yacht’s intended course lay towards Milford Haven, the tacticians on scene determined that Angle’s crew, bolstered by their trusty salvage pump, should be the first to transfer aboard the troubled vessel. Should further assistance become necessary, the capable hands of St. David’s Lifeboat and R924 stood ready to extend their aid.

With two valiant crew members and the formidable salvage pump safely aboard, the dire situation was met head-on. The relentless tide of water invading the yacht’s confines was finally tamed, brought under control by the relentless efforts of Angle’s crew. Sensing that the immediate danger was assuaged and all souls on board were accounted for, the steadfast teams of St. David’s Lifeboat and R924 were relieved from their posts and returned to their respective ports, departing with gratitude.

Assured that the ship’s stability was regained and its passengers out of harm’s way, the lifeboat began a steady three-and-a-half-hour escort to Neyland, where the proficient crew at Dale Sailing eagerly awaited, poised to hoist the beleaguered yacht from the treacherous waters.

As the convoy reached the sheltered embrace of Watwick Bay, the lifeboat once again sidled up to the yacht’s flank, this time replenishing it with the necessary fuel and vital supplies for the final leg of the journey to Neyland. The maritime ballet continued until Neyland was reached, where the joint efforts of the crew and the adept staff at Dale Sailing culminated in a successful hoisting of the yacht, drawing it to safety above the waves.

As the vessel swung free above the marina waters, a well-earned pause ensued. The lifeboat nestled in the harbor, a warm gesture in the form of bacon rolls awaiting one of the crew members who had been patiently stationed there.

With the mission accomplished and a vessel rescued, the lifeboat eventually returned to its home port, its dedication unwavering. By 11am, the vessel stood ready to respond to the call of duty once again.

Triple Distress Calls in Two Days

This saga of bravery and expertise didn’t stand alone. The preceding Friday, the 3rd of August, at precisely 3:32pm, Angle’s intrepid crew received yet another cry for help. A 10-meter aluminium landing craft, burdened with six souls, was thrust into jeopardy due to an unfortunate dual engine failure. The vessel’s plight was further compounded by ensnaring its propellers in an errant rope, rendering the engines impotent and leaving the craft to helplessly drift towards the menacing rocks of West Angle Bay.

As the emergency call echoed through the air, the lifeboat once again sprang into action, racing toward West Angle with the urgency that only an experienced crew can muster. On arrival, a local charter angling vessel gallantly offered aid, holding the fort until the stalwart lifeboat could take its place.

A meticulously executed towline was rigged, expertly linking the two vessels. With the casualties’ anchor disengaged, the towline was transferred, and the lifeboat commenced its noble task, guiding the stranded vessel towards Neyland. As the convoy neared Neyland Marina, a precise maneuver shifted the vessel into an alongside tow, aligning it with the awaiting pontoon at Dale Sailing, where the vessel would find its much-needed respite.

As the sun began its descent, the lifeboat and its dedicated crew stood down, returning to their station, the day’s challenges met and conquered. By 6pm, the lifeboat was poised, ever-ready for its next great maritime trial.

Another Successful Rescue Operation

The day before the aforementioned rescue, on Thursday, the 3rd of August, Angle’s All-Weather Lifeboat was beckoned to action once more at 5:36pm. A plea for assistance echoed over the waves, emanating from a small speedboat that had fallen victim to mechanical woes. With four souls and two loyal canine companions on board, the vessel was left adrift, its location uncertain but perilous – somewhere between Dale and Angle.

Responding with characteristic swiftness, the lifeboat set course for Dale, its crew determined to locate and aid the distressed vessel. Their efforts proved fruitful, culminating in the discovery of the stricken boat anchored in the safety of Watwick Bay. A sigh of relief swept through the crew as all aboard were accounted for and in good health. Once the safety of the stranded vessel was assured, a towline was established, and the lifeboat guided the vessel up the Haven to East Llanion, ensuring its safe return.

With the mission accomplished and another triumph secured, the lifeboat returned to its berth, its readiness for further service reaffirmed. The echoes of its recent successes resonated within its steel hull, a testament to the unwavering dedication of Angle’s RNLI crew.

(function(d, s, id) {
var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];
if (d.getElementById(id)) return;
js = d.createElement(s); = id;
js.src = “//”;
fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);
}(document, ‘script’, ‘facebook-jssdk’));


Source link

National Cyber Security