Convicted Halifax child molester gets harassment, breach charges adjourned | #childpredator | #kidsaftey | #childsaftey


NS child killer Penny Boudreau and the path to eventual release | SaltWire

Watch on YouTube: “NS child killer Penny Boudreau and the path to eventual release | SaltWire”

HALIFAX, N.S. — A convicted child molester who was arrested last month for allegedly breaching the conditions of a long-term supervision order made another court appearance Thursday in Halifax provincial court.

Myles Nelson Payne, 61, of Halifax faces two counts of criminal harassment, two counts of failing to comply with an order prohibiting contact with children, and 10 counts of breaching the long-term supervision order.

The offences were allegedly committed in Halifax between Aug. 1, 2022, and Aug. 23 of this year.

According to court documents, Payne harassed a woman by allegedly engaging in conduct that caused her to reasonably fear for the safety of her child.

Halifax Regional Police allege Payne violated the prohibition order by being a public park where children were playing.

In addition, police claim Payne breached his long-term supervision order by being in the presence of children without being accompanied by a responsible adult who knew his criminal history and had been approved by his parole supervisor, by attending places where children are likely to congregate, and by failing to “obey the law and keep the peace.”

The Crown was opposed to Payne’s release when he was arraigned Aug. 25.

Defence lawyer Chloe Gagnon met with Payne in a holding cell at the courthouse Thursday before asking for an adjournment. The case will return to court Oct. 20 for election and plea.

Judge Christine Driscoll reminded Payne that while in custody, he has been ordered to have no contact with the woman he’s accused of harassing.

Payne pleaded guilty in Nova Scotia Supreme Court in 2013 to historical charges of sexual interference and sexual assault involving three girls.

The abuse took place between 1983 and 2003 and began when the girls were as young as five. One of the girls was assaulted more than 1,000 times.

Payne, who had previous convictions for abusing other girls, was declared a long-term offender at sentencing in May 2015. He was sentenced to five years in prison, followed by 7.5 years of strict supervision in the community.


Source link


Click Here For The Original Source.

National Cyber Security