We are looking for an experienced IT communications professional to join Raytheon’s Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) business unit. This individual will provide internal and external IT communications support, including developing strategic communications plans and products to support a wide variety of cybersecurity initiatives. This role requires a strategic thinker who is comfortable working in a fast-paced team environment to deliver innovative, high-quality IT communications deliverables to our clients.
– Developing and reviewing IT communications products and plans, coordinating with engineering teams to obtain necessary input data.
– Capturing real-time security updates during cybersecurity incident response briefings and translate relevant technical details into plain language for a non-technical executive leadership audience.
– Supporting operational cyber response teams during non-standard hours
– Must be a U.S. Citizen
– Must be eligible to obtain a sensitive clearance – Position of Public Trust – and may be required to obtain a higher security clearance
– Experience with creating technical SITREPs and executive leadership briefing material
– Experience with creating and maintaining information system security documentation and SOPs
– 5+ years of technical writing experience developing communications plans and products for internal and external audiences
– Familiarity with cybersecurity communications language and subject matter
– Experience developing news articles, monthly newsletters, executive messages, advanced PPT presentations and infographics
– Excellent technical writing and editing skills, including the use of AP Style
– Ability to research and analyze complex technical material and break it down into concise, compelling copy that engages the reader
– Ability to work under pressure with clients, program managers and subject matter experts in a fast-paced cybersecurity environment
– Familiarity with a variety of internal and external communications vehicles, practices and technologies, including print, electronic, video and social media
– Experience in government contracting; defense and/or intelligence industry is highly preferred
– Security+, CISSP, GSEC, or other security certifications
Bachelors Degree in journalism, public relations, communications, marketing, computer science, or related fieldTwo years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) is a leader in intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance; advanced cyber solutions; weather and environmental solutions; information-based solutions for law enforcement and homeland security; and training, logistics, engineering, product support, and operational support services and solutions for the mission support, homeland security, space, civil aviation, counter-proliferation and counter-terrorism markets. IIS, which operates at nearly 551 sites in 80 countries, is headquartered in Dulles, VA. and generated $6 billion in 2014 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world — both in the marketplace and in the workplace. We strive to hire individuals who reflect our communities and proactively embrace diversity and inclusion in order to advance our culture, develop our employee and leaders, and grow our marketshare with our clients.”
Type Of Job
Temporary – Full Time
VA – Herndon