Are you looking for an internship where you can apply what you have been learning to an in-depth, real-world industry experience? Micron Technology operates in a highly competitive environment where protecting Micron’s Intellectual Property is an every growing threat across the enterprise. Cyber Defense Engineers actively work with other Micron teams to enhance visibility and monitoring of our environment. Our team strives to provide proactive support in uncovering active threats and threat actors, translating directly to the bottom line.
You will be partner with one of our Cyber Defense Engineers or Incident Response Analyst that will help you on projects to:
- Increase our detective capabilities
- Resolve Incidents faster
- Enable better hunting within the enterprise
- Protect Micron’s valuable intellectual property
Does this sound like the right opportunity for you? It gets better….
While Micron will offer you a top-notch professional experience, it just so happens that Micron is located in one of the most desirable places to live in the country–Boise, Idaho. Whether you find yourself consumed by the endless outdoor activities (hiking, biking, rafting, kayaking, fishing, etc.), or on the streets of downtown debating which restaurant to try next, it will be clear why people come to Boise and never leave. And that’s just Boise! The state of Idaho has world famous recreational activities and a rich history that you can spend a lifetime exploring.
An internship at Micron is an experience of a lifetime, so what are you waiting for?
What we are looking for:
- A strong understanding of Cyber Defense techniques (reviewing logs and events in tools) and threats
- Experience with basic networking and system management
- OS experience with Windows and UNIX/Linux
- One to two years away from completing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, with a Cyber Security focus
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
- Ability to work within and across teams
- GPA of at least 3.50 in field of study
Nearest Major Market: Boise
Nearest Secondary Market: Meridian
Job Segment: Intern, Engineer, Information Systems, Computer Science, Linux, Entry Level, Engineering, Technology