At Criterion Systems, Inc., we developed a different kind of business—a company whose real value is a reputation for excellence built upon the collective skills, talents, perspectives, and backgrounds of its people. Our Offerings: *100% employee-owned private Government contractor founded in 2005. *High retention rate because we work hard at holding onto talent. *Excellent Leadership Team comprised of individuals who have successfully built and run businesses and are involved in day-to-day operations to include an open-door policy. We are as large in 2017 as we have ever been! Our employees are the most valuable assets. Are you ready to be appreciated?
Criterion Systems is seeking to hire a Cyber Forensic Analyst to support a government customer in in the Washington DC area.
As the Cyber Forensic Analyst, you should have experience on a Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT), Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT), Computer Security Incident Response Center (CSIRC) or a Security Operations Center (SOC). Experience with AntiVirus, Intrusion Detection Systems, Firewalls, Active Directory, Web Proxies, Vulnerability Assessment tools and other security tools found in a large enterprise environment. You will be responsible for providing malware analysis, computer and network forensics, process and procedures assessment and training. Skills must include an understanding of how malware works and how to identify malware, experience with reviewing malware in the context of what the malware targeted, where it was installed and what communication points were created to determine where the data was routed to; an understanding of the various malware development techniques and ability to associate malware to a larger family set.
As the Cyber Forensic Analyst, your duties will include:
- Support the Incident Response & Monitoring team in the effective detection, analysis, containment, and eradication of malicious activity.
- Escalating issues to management in a timely manner with appropriate information regarding risk and impact.
- Collaborate with industry partners and internal lines of business to discover and analyze threats.
- Reviewing and analyzing log files to report any unusual or suspect activities
- Following established incident response procedures to ensure proper escalation, analysis and resolution of security incidents
- Analyzing and correlating incident event data to develop preliminary root cause and corresponding remediation strategy
- Experience in the following areas:
- Vulnerability Assessment and Management
- Endpoint Threat Detection and Incident Response
- Application Security
- Software Security Assurance
- Network Packet Analysis
- Log Analysis
- Forensic Analysis
- Malware Analysis
- Security Configuration Compliance
- Provide informal and formal training to the client, train on the tools the client uses and any additional tools the client should be using to support forensic collection and analysis.
- Additionally, you should have the flexibility to work beyond the standard daytime working hours when the situations warrant.
Required Qualifications and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT related program, or demonstrated up to 5+ years’ recent equivalent experience
- One or more of the following certifications:
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)
- CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker)
- GREM (SANS Reverse Engineering Malware)
- CREA (Certified Reverse Engineer Analyst)
- CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional)
- US Citizenship
- Active Top Secret Clearance
Criterion Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.