SAIC is hiring a Cyber Operations Specialist, Principal at Fort Meade, MD.
SAIC has an exciting new opportunity for an exceptional former offensive cyberspace operations or exploitation operator at Fort Meade, MD with the technical and operational experience needed to make a difference for the war fighter and our Nation.
This work will be as a member of a small team within United States Cyber Command. The successful applicant will serve as a subject matter expert with a primary focus on offensive cyberspace operations tools, techniques, procedures, line-of-effort and course-of-action development, weaponeering and capability gap identification.
An understanding of how to employ cyber modelling and simulation techniques is desired, and the skills needed to translate complex, technical aspects of cyberspace operations into clear, succinct language for technical and non-technical audiences at all levels in both written and briefed products is essential.
– Perform internal and external vulnerability assessments as well as penetration
– Perform well controlled vulnerability exploitation/penetration testing on applications, network protocols, and databases Perform network reconnaissance
– Perform security forensics on systems
– Demonstrate advanced understanding of business processes, internal control risk management, IT controls and related standards
– Identify and evaluate complex business and technology risks, internal controls which mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement
– Understand complex business and information technology management processes
– Execute advanced services and supervise staff in delivering basic services
– Assist in the selection and tailoring of approaches, methods and tools to support service offering or industry projects
– Understand clients’ business environment and basic risk management approaches
– Demonstrate a general knowledge of market trends, competitor activities, Deloitte & Touche products and service lines
– Actively participate in decision making with engagement management and seek to understand the broader impact of current decisions
– Generate innovative ideas and challenge the status quo
– Build and nurture positive working relationships with clients with the intention to exceed client expectations
– Facilitate use of technology-based tools or methodologies to review, design and/or implement products and services
– Identify opportunities to improve engagement profitability
– Participate in and actively support mentoring relationships within practice
Education and Experience:
– Bachelors and nine (9) years or more relevant experience
– Masters and seven (7) years or more relevant experience
– PhD or JD and four (4) years or more relevant experience.
– Advanced knowledge of offensive cyber operations, vulnerability assessments and penetration testing using manual testing techniques, scripts, commercial and open source tools
– Experience in exploiting vulnerabilities Ability to read, write and modify scripts
– Experience with network reconnaissance and open source intelligence (OSINT) gathering
– Experience with OWASP Experience with wireless penetration testing
– Experience with password cracking Ability to read and analyze network packet captures
– Experience with security forensic analysis Experience with firewall, router, and switch security Knowledge of security best practices: NIST, CIS, Cisco, Juniper, Checkpoint, Microsoft, Unix/Linux, etc. Experience with incident response
– Experience with virus analysis, malware analysis and honeypots
– Knowledge of security auditing techniques Knowledge of computer control environments
– Clearance Level Must Possess: TS/Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) with the ability to obtain a Counter Intelligence (CI) Poly
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 19, 2017, 8:51:26 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-FORT MEADE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
Nearest Major Market: Baltimore
Nearest Secondary Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Engineer, Risk Management, Network, Security Clearance, Operations, Engineering, Finance, Technology, Government