Core Engineering Functions include:
Certification of Perimeter software and hardware (Firewall & IDS)
Automation of sustainable engineering tasks
Perimeter Design of complex or non standard design
Risk mitigation efforts and transformation
Perimeter Management Solutions Engineer provides subject matter expertise for the Bank’s DMZ. This position may in addition require occasional on-call level of technical support for high severity impacting incidence.
The Individual must possess the ability to analyze and understand a variety of existing and emerging business requirements, interface with technology engagement teams as a fully seasoned and proficient perimeter solutions engineer, in providing best in class firewall/IDS/WAF solutions that align to meet business and technology requirements.
This highly dynamic position will require the ability to manage multiple technical project engagements requiring the candidate to be a “team player” whom can also work independently in managing to multiple deadlines, priorities and diverse set of applications and requirements.
Candidate will be a strong engineering minded individual with polished collaboration, written, and communication skills and a proven track record interacting with various levels of management, clients and technical team members in delivering technical perimeter solutions.
In depth engineering experience in perimeter solutions, including the design, low level engineering, and delivery of new hardware systems for client applications across the enterprise DMZ.
- Development and maintenance of High Level and Low Level Design diagrams/documentation
- Building/operating various firewall platforms (Checkpoint/Nokia, Juniper Netscreen, Juniper SRX, Fortinet)
- Working with Provider 1 management GUI software (smartview manager, tracker)
- Working with IDS/IPS products (e.g., TippingPoints)
- Working with Web Application Firewall products (e.g., Netscape or Citrix)
- Strong knowledge of network routing/switching (routing protocols, multicast, other LAN protocols)
- Functional understanding of diverse set of networked applications requiring perimeter management solutions, including HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, FTP, DNS, NTP, ANYCAST services, and others.
- DMZ Network infrastructure knowledge including topology, security policies, firewalls and the L2/L3 switch and router infrastructure is required.
- Administrator level ability with UNIX (Linux or other variant) is highly desirable.
Bachelors degree and 5-10 years of IT experience with firewalls
Perimeter Management Core Technologies:
- Intrusion Detection/Inspection
- Web Application Firewalls
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week: