The Senior Financial Analyst performs in-depth analyses related to banking supervisory or regulatory activities involving complex and sensitive issues. Participates fully in, and may conduct, special studies and projects related to financial institution supervision and regulation, and identifies problems or potential problems in the banking system or individual banking organizations. Prepares memoranda to keep the Board, Division Management, and the Division Oversight Committee informed on developing trends and issues in the financial environment.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration, economics or other related fields; or equivalent experience. Must have demonstrated knowledge of and competence in the application of advanced analytical processes. Requires four years of (FR/26), five years (FR/27), or six years (FR/28) specific experience in financial services industry, preferably in bank or bank holding companies and an in-depth background in the financial and management practices of banking organizations. Also required is a comprehensive knowledge of general financial theory and practices. Must possess considerable knowledge of the laws and regulations governing the operations of banks, bank holding companies, and all types of related nonbanking activities.
The ideal candidate has strong operational risk and information technology skills, and deep subject matter expertise in the rapidly evolving cyber threat landscape. The candidate should possess strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Specific responsibilities of the position and desired skill sets are described below:
- Directs and coordinates system activities relating to risk identification and risk monitoring in the banking system.
- Serves as the Risk unit Cyber subject matter expert with responsibility for threat intelligence collection and analysis.
- Actively engages with the System Risk Council, Board counterparts and system subject matter experts in evaluating the cyber threat landscape and its impact on the banking and the financial system, and develops supervisory responses.
- Supports policy development and implementation as well as supervisory assessments of risk and risk management practices at supervised institutions.
- Demonstrates the ability to synthesize information and analysis to resolve complex and quickly evolving risks and related supervisory issues.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.