HSN’s IT Security Team is responsible for all security functions associated with Information Technology, including communications (voice and data), infrastructure, and policies and procedures within the enterprise. This team has the responsibility for enterprise-wide information security, compliance and privacy.
On a daily basis, the Information Security Analyst works within the Information Security team to monitor security alerts, respond and remediate detected issues, and work with the Incident Management process to remove threats and vulnerabilities within the organization. This role collaborates with other Information Security and IT Operational teams to maintain a secure environment and for incident response capabilities.
- Daily review of security alerts/logs with follow-up on any suspicious activity.
- Perform investigation of network and hosts/endpoints for malicious activity, to include analysis of packet captures, and assist in efforts to detect, confirm, contain, remediate, and recover from attacks.
- Proactively monitor, identify and analyze complex internal and external threats, including viruses, targeted attacks and unauthorized access, and mitigate risk to IT systems.
- Work in concert with team members, Information Security engineering, and relevant Subject Matter Experts to process, analyze and drive the remediation of identified IT related vulnerabilities.
- Follow the IT Security Incident Response policies and tools.
- Contribute to Information Security policies, standards, and supporting documentation.
- Perform root cause analysis and troubleshoot complex issues with existing security and privacy protection protocols.
- Respond to inbound security monitoring alerts, emails, and inquiries from the organization.
- Provide support for Incident Response, including evidence collection, documentation, communications, and reporting.
- Maintain and improve standard operating procedures and processes.
- Provide documentation of work through a variety of communications such as ticketing, operational briefs, and status reports.
- Assist with the operation and management of vulnerability solutions across the team’s portfolio.
- Identify security issues and risks, and assist with the development of risk mitigation plans.
- Help drive continual improvement in the security program.
- Conduct security research to maintain current knowledge of latest security trends and issues.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security, Cyber Security, Information Systems, Engineering, or related major and/or prolonged course of study in a specialized field or equivalent experience.
- At least 1 year of experience in a related job area (i.e. IT support, information security, identity/access management, IT Audit, forensics/eDiscovery).
- Experience with security incident management.
- Experience with administration and management of Windows, Linux, UNIX, and mobile operating systems.
- Scripting skills such as Python and Perl.
- Strong analytical mindset, natural curiosity to check and double check.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to stay focused while managing multiple tasks concurrently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong team player with the ability to conduct daily duties autonomously.
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves.”
Nice to Haves
- Software programming experience.
- System/network operations and administration experience.
- A relevant information security certification (i.e. CompTIA Security+, CISSP, CEH, GCIH).
- Familiarity with SOC/NOC operations.
- Experience with Real-time monitoring of systems and networks and Malware analysis.
- IPS/IDS Sensor tuning and custom signature creation.
- SIEM experience.
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
To learn more, visit http://www.hsn.com/careers
HSN, Inc. (Nasdaq:HSNI) is a $4 billion interactive multichannel retailer with strong direct-to-consumer expertise among its two operating segments, HSN and Cornerstone. HSNi offers innovative, differentiated retail experiences on TV, online, via mobile devices, in catalogs, and in brick and mortar stores. HSN, a leading interactive multichannel retailer which offers a curated assortment of exclusive products combined with top brand names, now reaches approximately 94 million homes (24 hours a day, seven days a week, live 364 days a year). HSN.com offers a differentiated digital experience by leveraging content, community and commerce. In addition to its existing media platforms, HSN is the industry leader in transactional innovation, including services such as HSN Shop by Remote®, the only service of its kind in the U.S., the HSN Shopping App for mobile handheld devices and HSN on Demand®. Cornerstone comprises leading home and apparel lifestyle brands including Ballard Designs®, Frontgate®, Garnet Hill®, Grandin Road®, and Improvements®. Cornerstone distributes approximately 325 million catalogs annually, operates five separate digital sales sites and operates 14 retail and outlet stores.