Job specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
Global Technical Services (GTS) is a recognized leader in providing Technical and Program Management Services, Information Technology, and Logistics Services and Support. GTS is currently seeking a Cyber Security Analyst for a project in Washington DC. The ideal candidate for this job will serve as a Cyber Security Analyst within the federal client’s Security Operations Center. A highly-motivated individual with strong technical, communication, and organizational skills will succeed on this program.
The goal of the Security Operations Center (SOC) team is to proactively monitor, identify, and remediate information technology security vulnerabilities and intrusions. The team needs to ensure that all operational security controls are appropriately applied and managed and that systems within the control of the SOC have appropriate security controls in place in accordance with the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA). To accomplish this goal, the security team is responsible for a broad suite of security technologies that include vulnerability scanning, malware detection, log file analysis, and enterprise-wide incident response and security information and event management (SIEM) tools. The analyst will be responsible for continuous surveillance, analysis, mitigation, remediation and incident management using the client’s current SOC suite of tools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Intrusion detection
- Cyber incident response
- Perform cyber investigations and analysis
- Cross-train and mentor other staff members
- Ability to proficiently utilize the client’s wide variety of security tools including:
- ArcSight HP
- Akamai Web Application Firewall
- HP TippingPoint
- Bit9 Carbon Black
- Websense Web, Email, and DLP
- Cylance Protect
- Palo Alto Firewalls
- RSA Security Analytics/NetWitness
- Tripwire IP360, CCM, and Enterprise
- ForeScout CounterACT
- Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Splunk Enterprise
- EnCase Enterprise
QUALIFICATIONS – EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
Required (Minimum) Qualifications
- Moderate-level understanding of basic computer and networking technologies
- TCP/IP stack
- Windows operating systems
- Networking technologies (routing, switching, VLANs, subnets, firewalls)
- Common networking protocols – SSH, SMB, SMTP, FTP/SFTP, HTTP/HTTPS, DNS, etc.
- Common enterprise technologies – Active Directory, Group Policy, VMware vSphere
- Basic-level understanding of IT security principles, technologies, best practices, and NIST guidance
- Logical Access Control
- PKI and other encryption methods
- Network-based and host-based IDS/IPS
- Ability to obtain and maintain Public Trust Security Clearance.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Accordingly, U.S. Citizenship is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to work independently to identify errors, pinpoint root causes, and devise solutions with minimal oversight.
- Outstanding communication skills. Ability to communicate with senior management and federal client staff – both technical and non-technical – in a clear and concise manner using proper spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Server Administration background – Windows or Linux/Unix
- Interest in security/hacking culture. Ability to “think like an attacker”
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for bending, stooping, sitting, walking or standing for prolonged periods of time; most of time is spent sitting in a comfortable position with frequent opportunity to move about.
Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be borne by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Job is performed in an office setting with exposure to computer screens and requires extensive use of a computer, keyboard, mouse and multi-line telephone system. The work described herein is primarily a modern office setting. Occasional travel may be required.
- No supervisory responsibilities.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING FACTORS
As a condition of employment, may be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results to obtain access to military base. Must have reliable transportation to/from work a necessity and must be able to obtain access to military installations.
BSNC has enabled their Government and Commercial clients to achieve their organizational initiatives through the application of high quality, innovative, and cost effective professional services and solutions. We provide a positive working environment, with opportunities for advancement in our growing Federal sector workforce.
We offer an excellent compensation package which includes a generous salary, insurance (medical, dental, etc.), paid leave, 401k plan and more. We are committed to the diversity we bring to the marketplace by being an EEOC/AA employer (M/F/D/V) that believes customer satisfaction comes first.
Shareholder Preference. BSNC gives hiring, promotion, training and retention preference to BSNC shareholders, BSNC shareholder descendants and BSNC shareholder spouses, in that order.
Bering Straits Native Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/ AA/ Male/ Female/ Disability/ Vets employer.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. We are a drug free workplace.