Other companies make products. We make a difference!
Promoting safe living and working environments.
UL is a global independent safety science company with more than a century of expertise innovating safety solutions from the public adoption of electricity to new breakthroughs in areas such as sustainability, renewable energy, mobile payment security and nanotechnology. Dedicated to promoting safe living and working environments, UL helps safeguard people, products and places in important ways, facilitates trade and provides peace of mind.
Underwriters Laboratories is looking for you if you’re seeking a cutting edge career in Cyber Security!
We’re leading the way in establishing cyber safety and are looking to hire some people to join this exciting new division within our organization!
Do you have experience with product embedded software? WE WANT YOU!
Seeking a highly technical penetration tester or ethical hacker with a software development background and domain experience in embedded product and software testing. Will conduct advanced penetration tests, hacking to identify issues in embedded products and software. Will conduct vulnerability testing, risk analyses and security assessments.
• To demonstrate a deep interest in learning new technology platforms for security testing, and forensics.
• To keep abreast on latest security news/trends.
• To conduct security tests using automated tools, ad-hoc tools, and manual testing
• To conduct penetration testing against different technological domains including, but not limited to, web products, hardware products, wireless
products, software, cloud based software, smart device applications.
• To assess and calculate risk based on vulnerabilities and exposures discovered during testing.
• To create required information security documentation, technical reports and formal papers on test findings, and complete requests in accordance
• To handle and complete customer projects to the defined requirements in the timeframe required by customer with the highest quality and integrity
• To meet and exceed customer’s expectations with projects and other related tests and activities.
Position requires minimum BS in Computer Science and/or related technical field or equivalent experience and a minimum of two (2) years experience in cybersecurity, software development, ethical hacking
• Candidate must be a self-motivated individual that is dedicated to exceeding client expectations, be willing to contribute to team efforts, and possess
strong oral and written communication skills.
• Experience with cybersecurity testing of products and software to identify weaknesses and flaws is a plus.
• Experience installing and using various OS distributions and application packages.
• Hands-on experience with commercial, open source and free security solutions such as AppScan, Fortify, Maltego. Kali Linux, Nessus, OpenVAS,
Qualys, Core Impact Pro, MetaSploit, nmap, nessus, ettercap, static source code analysis tools, fuzzing tools, dynamic binary testing tools
• Understanding of security issues on various operating systems, open source web and database platforms
• Experience scripting in one (1) or more of the following languages: sh, csh, perl, python, awk, ruby and programming experience in C, C++, Java
• Solid project management skills
• Security related certifications a plus: CISSP, CISA, CEH, GIAC
• Strong expertise in testing in two or more of the following domains: Embedded software, embedded security, industrial control systems / SCADA,
medical devices, telecom and networking equipment.