Are you interested in helping solve today’s most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for performing security monitoring of Fannie Mae environments, analyzing and responding to security-related events and incidents (solution Based), and working to ensure the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications through the use of formal event and incident management technologies, tools, and processes.
- Will provide key operational support in developing, maintaining, and implementing security solutions, procedures for logging, reporting, and monitoring cyber security solution operations and will play an important role in the detection, response, and analysis of security events and incidents.
- Expected to possess a solid understanding of information security principles and demonstrate the ability to assess, triage, and determine criticality of issues or incidents.
- Work directly with Security engineering and other IT staff in managing SIEM events and alerts and provide first line of response to system-generated alerts, and notifications.
- Participate in identification, analysis, and investigation activities and support remediation recommendations to mitigate security threats and incidents.
- Conduct log and system analysis for various security and network devices and platforms including firewalls, intrusion prevention/detection, file integrity monitoring, and data loss prevention systems.
- Support escalations to and work closely with Information Security staff and engineers as required
- Document all actions taken as part of security event and incident analysis and investigation.
- Assist with the identification, creation, and refinement of the team’s processes and procedures and ensure that these are fully documented as part of the team’s operational runbook.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required.
- 1+ years of related experience
- Infrastructure or operations experience in a UNIX/LINUX/Wintel environment
- Cyber Security Analyst I will be responsible for day-to-day Experience providing operational support, including implementation, proper maintenance and operation of various platform components and tenant applications that may include software, network security platforms, or peripheral components that are comprised within the Information Security Portfolio
- Identifies network and/or system problems related to Information security components, isolates root causes, and initiates corrective action
- Experience compiling reports, monthly/quarterly metrics, etc.
- Work assignments may have established deadlines and require periods of “on-call” support responsibilities.
- Cyber Security Analyst will work closely with our Security Engineer and Threat Detection and Response teams and report to the Director of SBI.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.