Job Description:Raytheon Intelligence and Information Services (IIS) – Cyber Security & Special Missions (CSM) – Raytheon Foreground Security (RFS) has an immediate opening for a Cyber Security Analyst. The candidate will be able to effectively analyze all relevant cyber security event data and other information sources for suspicious network traffic, attack indicators and potential security breaches; produce reports, assist in coordination during incidents.
Responsibilities will include:
- The qualified candidate will assess network threats such as computer viruses, exploits, and malicious attacks;
- Determining true threats, false positives and network system mis-configurations and provide solutions to issues detected in a timely manner;
- Monitor for potential compromise, intrusion, deficiency, significant event or threat to the security posture and security baseline;
- Update and maintain standard operating procedures and other technical documentation;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer and Information Systems, Engineering, Science, or Mathematics;
- 2-4 years concentration security operations and analysis ;
- Prior experience working in one of the following:
- Security Operations Center (SOC)/Network Operations Center (NOC)
- Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT)
- Experience in the detection, response, mitigation, and/or reporting of cyber threats affecting client networks and one or more of the following:
- Experience in computer intrusion analysis and incident response
- Working knowledge of Intrusion detection/protection systems
- Knowledge and understanding of network devices, multiple operating systems, and secure architectures
- Working knowledge of network protocols and common services
- System log analysis
- Current experience with network intrusion detection and response operations (Protect, Defend, Respond and Sustain methodology)
- Experience responding to and resolving situations caused by network attacks
- Ability to assess information of network threats such as scans, computer viruses or complex attacks
- Working knowledge of WAN/LAN concepts and technologies
- SIEM content Analysis, Development and Testing
- Familiarity with packet analysis to include:
- HTTP Headers & Status codes
- SMTP Traffic & Status codes
- FTP Traffic & Status Codes
- At least 1 security certification as stated below
- Or related advanced IT certification
- Speaks English fluently;
- Personality traits: Naturally curious and inquisitive nature; persistent and determined; loves solving problems and puzzles; analytically rigorous; uncompromising integrity.
- Experience with firewalls, routers or antivirus appliances a plus
- Experience working on a 24x7x365 watch desk environment
- Experience with industry standard help desk tools
About Raytheon Foreground Security:
Through a strategic approach to security, Raytheon Foreground Security (RFS) enables organizations to optimize their network security investment while taking a proactive approach to protecting their most important information assets from potential threats. Foreground Security provides organizations with the full lifecycle of Information Security Services including SOC operation services, architecture and engineering, assessments, training, technology resale, and implementation and integration.
Our solutions include a combination of software, services and education to help mitigate information security risks that are a part of today’s business world. RFS’ Virtual SOC offerings (V-SOC)are a next generation approach to traditional managed services. While ensuring all customer data remains on premise at their facilities we leverage our client’s existing security infrastructure and integrate our patent pending ATIP(Advanced Threat Intelligence Platform) to identify critical Indicators of Compromise (IOC’s). This allows our customers to leverage our expertise where they need it most – in diagnosing and responding to real incidents occurring within their network infrastructure. Our incident response and forensics capabilities are exceptional and are leveraged by many fortune 500organizations as well as State and Local and Federal Government agencies.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges — from cybersecurity to automated operations, and from high-consequence training to clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, VA. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2015 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world — in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
CA – Sacramento