Help protect NASA’s information systems on Earth and beyond! If you are an IT Security Specialist with a desire to sharpen your skills in an enterprise environment, then check out our opportunities on our contract supporting Ames Research Center in Mountain View, CA.
ASRC Federal Research and Technology Solutions (ARTS) is seeking an Information Security Analyst with Monitoring and Detection with experience in the field of Information Security to join our growing team in supporting NASA’s Security Operations Center (SOC) at Ames Research Center in Mountain View, CA.
- Monitor NASA agency sensors and SOC (Security Operations Center) systems for incidents and malicious activity
- Analyze security events and identify relevant incidents
- Correlate and discover relationships between seemingly unrelated events and incidents
- Generate high quality reports
- Perform packet analysis and analyze network traffic for security events
- Coordinate with both Tier 1 and Tier 3 teams while providing incident handling and response support for the agency
- Contribute to process improvement and efficiency
Requirements (Education, Skills & Abilities)
- BS degree in relevant field/technology or equivalent years of experience
- 2+ years related experience
- Experience reviewing and analyzing large amounts of raw log data (firewall, network flows, IDS, system logs),
- Experience with well-known information security related tools such as Wireshark, Kali, Netcat, TCPDump and NMAP
- Knowledge of common attack methodologies, tactics and protocols
- Familiarity in a command line environment in all operating systems
- Possess a strong foundation in networking fundamentals with deeper knowledge of TCP/IP and other core protocols
- Knowledge of common network based services and common client/server applications
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Track record of being motivated to learn and thrive on challenges
- Commitment to Excellence; Thirst for Knowledge
- Ability to work in a 24/7/365 shift environment
- Ability to obtain a government security clearance (US Citizenship is required)
- Experience working in a mission critical security operations team, preferably 24×7
- Experience with enterprise level security incident event management tools such as ArcSight or Splunk
- Scripting (Python, Perl or Shell)
- CEH, Security+, GCIA are desired certifications
ARTS focus is on technical and complex, mission-oriented services with contracts supporting federal government agencies. Our team of scientists and professional management personnel allows us to bring real-world experience to meet the growing demand for solutions to some of the most complex problems in aviation, IT management, aviation, and Earth and space sciences.
We are mid-way through a five-year, $400 million contract to provide IT services ranging from cloud computing to network & information security, as well as application management, system administration and technology development to NASA Ames Research Center.
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.
– Technical Analysis
– United States-CA, United States-Moffett Field, CA, United States
– Bachelor’s Degree
– Individual Contributor/Non-Management