Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.The Business
In support of Towers Watson’s mission to be the undisputed leader in our businesses globally, Security Management aims to create a partnership with the business segments, geographical regions, and corporate functions to protect critical security infrastructure. The Security Management function is made up of several areas: Application Security, Audit and Compliance, Risk Management, Physical Security and Cyber Security, a team focused on managing Cyber Threats.
The Cyber Security Analyst will be crucial in protecting Towers Watson client information by understanding the threats that seek to compromise critical data. Cyber Security Analyst is responsible for leveraging security data from internal sensors (IDS, routers, SIMS, firewalls, hosts, proxy) and external sources (Industry portals, US-CERT, partners, etc.) to implement effective mitigations through the review of security event data for threat and potential attack activity.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
• Cyber threat information and intelligence collection, analysis, and dissemination of finished product to TW’s population of security operations teams, information technology teams, information technology risk teams, and overall executive decision makers.
• Governance of existing and emerging security operations center technologies including but not limited to DLP, ArcSight and Splunk.
• External engagement with peer groups and information security circles over cyber threats and on the development of global cyber policy to address events ranging from intrusions, malware, DDoS, unauthorized access, insider attacks and loss of proprietary information.
• Alerting, response, and mitigation of computer security incidents at TW and works closely with the incident response team, various lines of business, and United States Government entities to mitigate risk to the firm.
• Forensic analysis (analysis of compromised machines)
• Maintaining technical proficiency in the use of tools, countermeasures, deliver threat awareness and education briefings
• Develop and implement weekly operational metrics
● Limited travel: less than 10%
● Assists in support, mentoring, training, coaching and development of more junior security department analysts
● Experience: 5+ years experience or equivalent education and ability in Information Security
● Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred
● Certifications: One or more of following certifications are preferred (Ethical Hacker, Offensive Security Certified Professional, CISSP, CISA, CISM )
● Strong analytical capabilities, demonstrated knowledge and understanding of security technologies
● Solid understanding of business organization and processes
● Strong proficiency in risk management
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Able to support a 24/7 on-call function
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights.