This is an Enhanced Employee Referral Program Eligible Requisition. Please refer to LM People > LM Talent > LM Refer for program details
Lockheed Martin’s (LM) Cyber Intelligence Analysts play a crucial role supporting the LM Computer Incident Response Team (LM-CIRT) team. This Cyber Intelligence Analyst position is in the Enterprise Business Services’ (EBS) Corporate Information Security (CIS) organization. This Analyst will be physically located in the Security Intelligence Center (SIC) in Rockville Maryland.
Lockheed Martin’s Security Intelligence Centers are in Rockville, Maryland, Denver, Colorado, Canberra, Australia and Farnborough, England (United Kingdom). Each SIC strengthens Lockheed Martin’s intelligence-driven computer network defense and ability to stay ahead of the rapidly evolving and persistent threats in cyber space. The primary role of each SIC is to reinforce the company’s detection, identification and response to information security incidents, and to develop and expand an elite, cyber workforce.
Primary responsibilities for this entry level position include leveraging security data from internal sensors (IDS, routers, SIMS, firewalls, hosts) and external sources (Industry portals, the DoD, US-CERT, partners, etc) to implement effective mitigations through the review of security event data for threat and potential attack activity.
Duties and tasks to be performed include, but are not limited to:
-incident handling (guiding customers, directing resources through intelligence-based response process)
-forensic analysis (analysis of compromised machines)
-development of thorough incident reports
-delivering threat awareness and education briefings
-documentation and technical writing requirements (performing research to compile and validate data)
-maintaining technical proficiency in the use of tools, techniques and countermeasures
-maintaining professional knowledge of trends in computer and network vulnerabilities and exploits
-participation in the production of cohesive technical intelligence reports
-adherence to the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct
To further leverage the technical skill sets contained within the SIC, Analysts may be asked to rotate onto other business area programs that require individuals with intelligence based network defense experience. SIC Analysts must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret level security clearance.
This is a fast paced, challenging position where high performance and quick ramp-up is expected. The ability and willingness to support and meet tight deadlines on a continual basis, while staying focused on policies and procedures will produce successful results. The ability to performance effectively and efficiently, both independently and as a member of a diverse virtual team is most valued.
Experience, familiarity and/or knowledge (obtained via college, on-the-job training, certification training or self-taught):
• with computer security concepts and best practices
• with networking, system administration and security best practices
• using Unix/Linux operating systems including command-line tasks and scripting
• writing formal reports and other technical documentation
• with analyzing and investigating computer network intrusions
• with malware analysis
• with conducting data analysis
• Ability to obtain and maintain appropriate DoD Secret level security clearance
• Current DoD Secret level security clearance
• Experience providing enterprise incident handling support
• Experience researching and tracking Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) campaigns
• Experience performing programming/scripting tasks
• Experience using Digital Forensics techniques and tools (Encase, FTK, File Systems)
• Advanced proficiency in network analysis and using network security tools
• Experience with architectures and security elements
• Experience performing forensic analysis tasks (Intrusions and/or Incident response)
• Experience with Cyber Kill Chain and Intelligence Driven Response
• Experience with Reverse Engineering of malware
• SANS GIAC GGCIH/GCFA, or CISSP certification(s)
• Experience mentoring junior level employees
• Proven accountable, dependable and reliable work ethic
• Effective communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Effective customer service skills
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Rockville Maryland