Title: Cyber Security Analyst
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ
Partner’s Consulting recruits for positions that allow our consultants to make a positive impact and opportunity for growth at exciting, high-level organizations. Our consultants enjoy flexibility, competitive pay, and the ability to be part of an awesome, award-winning company with a progressive work culture.
Our client is seeking a Cyber Security Analyst to be responsible for maintaining the security of all networks and computer systems, including the protection of data from unauthorized use or access. You will monitor various security systems and resolve and report security violations. This role serves as Lead Advisor to Security Analysts including mentoring and training. The ideal candidate will be self-directed and able to work effectively in a diverse team environment with little to no direct supervision.
- Contributes as Solution Advisor on security technology prioritization as well as future utilization of security technology and process improvements to the Security team.
- Supports the evaluation and implementation for security products/ services.
- Manages validation and testing of security architecture and design solutions, and produces detailed engineering specifications with recommended vendor technologies.
- Provides management and supports the development, testing and operation of firewalls, intrusion detection systems, enterprise malware systems and software deployment tools.
- Contributes to complex high-security zone architecture analysis and implementations.
- Performs vulnerability assessments, interpreting results and developing recommended plans for issue resolution.
- Provides ongoing monitoring of security threats with recommendations for threat remediation.
- Offers subject matter expertise and guidance to Desktop Support Technicians specific to the endpoint protection technologies as well as malware remediation.
- Routinely provides after-hours on-call support for critical systems and emergency response and support to computer and network incidents.
- Develops, implements and maintains change control and testing processes for modifications or changes to security systems and software.
- Monitors server and endpoint compliance with security patching SLAs reporting on compliance.
- Contributes to information security processes for improvement, documents existing processes, identifies and analyzes gaps and designs new processes, develops process performance measures and plans the transition to a new process.
- Reviews the change control and testing processes for modifications or changes to security systems and software.
- Executes change management tasks in systems projects including communication to key user communities, providing subject matter expertise and providing training and documentation where appropriate.
- Assists with the installation and configuration of relevant network components to ensure timely deployment of hardware and software.
- Works with vendors to address and resolve process issues as needed in a professional manner.
- Develops and deploys end-user practices and documentation for endpoint protection technologies.
- Develop and maintains training in support of the deployment and maintenance of endpoint encryption.
- Follow ITS policies and practices including, but not limited to, Information Security and SOX controls.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or other related fields is required; Master’s Degree in IT or Security-related fields is a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years of IT experience as a Technical Security Analyst or Network Security/ Systems Analyst.
- Certified Information Security Professional (CISSP), or equivalent security certification is required.
- Certification in one or more of the following areas will be desired but not required: Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), GIAC Certified Forensics Analyst (GCFA), GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIS), Certified Red Hat Engineer (RHCE), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) and/or Cisco Network Administrator (CCNA).
- Cyber Security, IP Networking and Windows/ Linux experience is required.
- Experience with the Utilities industry is highly desirable, but not required.
- Experience on small-to-medium, complex projects that have state and/or enterprise-wide impact and require subject matter expertise of process improvement areas and process improvement tools.
- Good understanding of server-client computing and relational database environments.
- Experience in the development of business process scripts and/or hands-on experience with the configuration of business applications.
- Knowledge of security tools, security best practices including ISO2700 and regulatory requirements including PII.
- Hands-on server troubleshooting experience.
- Strong understanding of firewall concepts and security in depth, and the risk-based approach to security.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to absorb and present large amounts of detail through various forms of communications to any level of Business Users, IT Management or technical roles.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, planning, organizational, time management, interpersonal, critical thinking and risk assessment skills.
Partner’s Consulting is a reputable, Nationally Certified Women Owned Business Enterprise Information Technology Consulting and Recruiting firm based in the Philadelphia area. We have built personal relationships with our clients over the years, and work directly with hiring managers on all our open positions. Our core values are focused on the highest level of professional dedication to our client’s requirements coupled with our desire to partner for joint success. If you have any questions or concerns about the posting above, please contact us at [email protected]