Leidos is seeking a Cyber Security Analyst that is dedicated to increasing their experience and knowledge in Cyber Security to join a close knit developing team of Cyber Security professionals. Our ideal Cyber Security candidate will have a strong drive to apply and continually update his/her skill base . They will also have the skills to manage and aid in the rollout of SIEM and other tools for incident investigation, containment, and remediation efforts.
Responsibilities may include:
• Responding to security events and security alerts
• Investigating security incidents and aiding in the incident response process
• Developing detailed reports on security investigations
• Managing and improving the SIEM and Incident Response platforms
• Making improvements and suggestions to advance the overall security processes in place
• Offering remediation and mitigation solutions based on vulnerability discoveries
• Managing internal policies and procedures
• Experience analyzing log files and correlating security related events
• An understanding of common security controls (Firewall, IDS/IPS, Antivirus, etc.)
• Familiarity with Windows and Linux operating systems and the system’s command lines
• A foundational understanding of computer networking fundamentals and the TCP/IP model, along with common ports and protocols.
• Good problem solving and analytical skills
• Strong communication skills
• An understanding of exploits, common vulnerabilities, common network intrusion methods, and various attack patterns and tactics
• Experience working in an enterprise SIEM and with cyber case management tools
• Background in managing and using different security controls (Firewalls, IDS/HIDS, Antivirus, etc.)
• Background in digital forensics for security investigations and data retention
• Background in data analysis for security incidents
• Having experience reverse engineering
• Relevant certifications might include: Associate of (ISC)2 for CISSP, SANS Global Information Assurance Certification Security Essentials Certification (GSEC), CompTIA Security+, Check Point Certified Security Principles Associate (CCSPA), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCSPA), Red Hat Certified Administrator (RHCSA), and Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE).
*Position requires shift work as part of 24/7 operations center
* Familiarity with the following tools for security operations is desired: ServiceNow, Splunk, VMWare, SourceFire, Symantec Endpoint Protection, BigFix, McAfee Vulnerability Manager, PaloAlto Panorama, and Solarwinds
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin’s Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.