Location: Macdill Afb, FL, US
Cyber Security Analyst/CND (Job Number:432709)
Job Description: The successful candidate must be experienced with the USCENTCOM Area of Responsibility (AOR) and mission. Must be willing to work outside of normal business hours. (Nights/Weekends). Must be a team player, willing to work challenging assignments and tasks concerning Cyber Security, Information Assurance and Computer Network Defense policy, procedures and guidance; must be willing to travel, on occasion, throughout the AOR (which includes Afghanistan, Iraq, Bahrain, Qatar, and other Southwest Asia nations).
– Interpret, analyze and execute Cyber Security policies, procedures and tactics.
– Conduct real-time threat analysis for USCENTCOM Headquarters through multiple situational awareness and management tools.
– Monitor Cyber Security sensor grid situational awareness from Tier 0 to Tier 2 and provide mitigation and improvement recommendations; provide analysis both verbally and in writing for all sensor grid disruptions, outages and/or anomalies; coordinate, report and direct network responses through orders, policies, procedures and guidance.
– Perform Cyber Security information gathering from appropriate tools and databases.
– Track and report performance and capability metrics.
– Be familiar with the interpretation of Cyber Security event categorization through analysis and coordination of incoming data flow from security devices or other means. Track anomalies or threat indicators, as required.
– Track and report Cyber Security threats, events and incidents.
– Review and update Cyber Security tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
– Review current intelligence for relevant threats and develop appropriate actions/response. Assist with tracking of compliancy reporting for USCENTCOM orders.
– Provide Cyber Security support to USCENTCOM AOR NETOPS Centers, as required.
– Review security threats and determine/implement effective countermeasures, as required.
– Analyze network or system changes/reconfigurations for security impacts.
– Coordinate and participate in Cyber Security risk analysis and assessments, as required.
Education and/or Certifications:
– Bachelor’s Degree in technical discipline or equivalent and 5+ years related experience. 4 years experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
– Must meet DoD 8570.01-M minimum of IAT Level II Certification (i.e. Security +).
– Candidate must have the Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) Certification
– Candidate must have experience within the USCENTCOM AOR and must be familiar with its mission.
– Candidate must have a solid familiarity with application and network security.
– Must be able to provide technical subject matter expertise for a wide range of security technologies including, but not limited to Security Information Event Management (SIEM) Intrusion Protection and Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS/IPS), Host Intrusion Detection System (HIDS), malware analysis and protection, content filtering, perimeter access controls, logical access controls, identity and access management, and data loss prevention.
– Candidate must have strong communications skills both verbally and in writing.
– Candidate must have an understanding of vulnerabilities, exploits, and practical working knowledge of DoD Cyber Security program.
– Candidate must be able to read and understand DoD Cyber Security orders, policies and procedures.
– Experience briefing senior military and civil service employees
– Name/describe skills that would be helpful but not required at hire–e.g., skills that could be learned or taught within the first months of hire).
– Military Experience (Active Duty or Reserves)
– GCIA, GCIH
– Experience with Host Based Security System (HBSS), Firewall and ARCSIGHT software Experience with Cyber Security in a Joint and Coalition Partner environment
– Top Secret /SCI, must currently possess
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Dec 5, 2017, 7:45:22 PM
Primary Location: United States-FL-MACDILL AFB
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Evening Job
Job Segment: Engineer, Network Security, Database, Cyber Security, Security, Engineering, Technology