Division: Global Services
Business Unit: Information Technology
Requisition Number: 218098
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Milford
Assignment Category: Part-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
Our support functions are split into two organizations, Corporate Core and Corporate Services. These organizations provide essential services to better enable responsible and profitable growth.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/
Cyber Security Analyst Intern
Required Education: High School Diploma
Location: OH – Milford
The Cyber Security Analyst Intern will be part of the Cyber Defense Center for the Americas (CDC), which is tasked with the primary mission to detect, analyze, investigate, and defend against sophisticated digital attacks.
In this position, the Cyber Security Analyst Intern will report to the Head of the Cyber Defense Center for the Americas and be part of the Threat Detection and Analysis team. The Cyber Security Analyst Intern will work alongside peers and actively contribute to components of alert triage, investigations, and provide input to different approaches to threat detection and response.
The analyst will be expected to contribute to the following activities:
- Correlate actionable security events from various log sources which either feed or supplement the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solution
- Perform network traffic analysis
- Employ advanced forensic tools
- Utilize understanding of attack signatures, tactics, techniques and procedures associated with advanced threats
- May conduct malware analysis of attacker tools providing indicators for enterprise defensive measures, and reverse engineer attacker encoding protocols
- Interface with remote team members located across the globe
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
These knowledge/skills, education, and experiences are required to be considered for this position:
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate Computer Science/Engineering or Information Technology related program at an accredited university
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Candidate must be local to specified location as relocation will not be offered.
- Familiarity with networking protocols (such as TCP, UDP, DNS, FTP, SMTP, DHCP, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Windows operating system functionality (file system structure, registry keys, scheduled tasks, processes, services, memory management, data storage, etc.)
- Capable of learning new concepts and processes quickly, and adapting to a constantly changing environment
- Ability to apply advanced skill set to resolve complex problems
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
The following knowledge/skills, education, and experiences are preferred but NOT required to be considered for this position:
- Hands on experience with multiple Information Technology topics such as system administration, networking, web applications, programming, etc.
- Familiarity with common Cyber Security concepts including Intrusion Detection Systems, Host Intrusion Prevention Systems, and Anti-Virus Solutions
- Working knowledge of the Windows File System structure, and the ability to recover deleted files, search hidden files, and access registry keys
- Familiarity with Operational Security (OpSec) principles for cyber operations with an emerging understanding of the relationships between the cyber domain disciplines
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination.