NetCentrics, a Haystax Company, is a leading provider of enterprise systems management, solutions engineering, applications development, information assurance, computer network defense and cybersecurity for The Department of Defense, Department of Homeland security and other federal agencies. Haystax is looking for an experienced Cyber Security Analyst (Security Operations Center (SOC)) to support our team in Alexandria, VA This position is open only to candidates with an active Top Secret security clearance and be SCI clearable.
Specific Areas of Responsibility:
- Support operational watch and situational awareness requirements for the customer.
- Provide situational awareness and readiness reporting for the program leadership.
- Support coordination and information collection related to incidents, investigations, Task Orders, and other communications within DOD and DHS.
- Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities; coordinates with other government agencies to record, escalate and report incidents.
- Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
- Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
- Be able to modify/add custom IDS policies and signatures to account for lack of monitoring in threat areas as warranted by threat changes, such as zero-day attacks. This includes the use of Sourcefire rules.
- Identify misuse, malware, or unauthorized activity on monitored networks.
- Analyze and solve problems related to network, system, forensic and malware analysis.
- Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
- Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
- Support Contingency Operations (COOP) and Disaster Recovery (DR) as required.
- Ensure documentation is updated and maintained.
- Two to four years of experience in Cyber Security.
- Knowledge of industry accepted standards and best practices related to incident response operations.
- Demonstrated excellence in analytical and problem solving skills related to network and system.
- Experience with security technologies including Intrusion Detection & Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS), Firewalls & Log Analysis, Security Event and Incident Management (SEIM), Antivirus, Network Packet Analyzers, Security Systems Manager, malware analysis, forensics tools, and reverse engineering.
- Demonstrated knowledge in information technologies to include computer hardware and software, operating systems, and networking protocols.
- Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Knowledgeable on computer evidence seizure, computer forensic analysis, development and/or analysis, interpretation, and compliance with federal and agency IT security policies and regulations.
- Must be IAT II and CND-A compliant (S+, CEH) or complete in 90 days.
- Must have a Top Secret clearance and be SCI clearable.
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
NetCentrics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.