World Wide Technology (WWT) is a global technology integrator and supply chain solutions provider. Through our culture of innovation we inspire, build and deliver business results, from idea to outcome.
Based in St. Louis, we work closely with industry leaders such as Cisco, HP, EMC, NetApp, Citrix, VMware and Dell, focusing on three market segments: Fortune 500 companies, service providers and the public sector. WWT employs more than 4,000 people and operates more than 2 million square feet of state-of-the-art warehousing, distribution and integration space strategically located throughout the world. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE “100 Best Places to Work For®” list for the fifth consecutive year and was awarded #5 on Glassdoor’s 2017 Employees’ Choice Awards, honoring the Best Place to Work.
World Wide Technology, Inc. has an opportunity available for a Cyber Security Consultant to support our National Security Practice supporting a wide range of clients in the commercial and federal space. This role is primarily a delivery role involving services for cyber security engagements with Fortune 500 companies. The Security Consultant will be providing a multitude of services to assist clients with improving their overall security by performing technical and non-technical assessments. This individual may work under the direction of the manager of the national practice or as a member of a delivery team. The professional environment requires the Consultant to work within a delivery team and an ability to act independently during an engagement.
Working in a team environment, the Security Consultant will be representing WWT as the subject matter expert on all areas of information and cybersecurity. The Consultant will possess a broad skill set, demonstrated communication and presentation skills, and analytical thinking to support the client engagement. This includes identifying areas for improvements using industry best practices and provide advisory services and subject matt and expertise on large and complex security operations. The consultant will have extensive and demonstrated knowledge on risk management methods and approaches to measuring effectiveness, understand and eloquently explain enterprise-wide security technologies, have practical experience dealing with multiple regulations, and be able to communicate in writing and presentation to senior level clients. This includes development of deliverables, supporting presentations, and ability to communicate processes and findings at multiple levels.
- Be the primary supporting delivery engagements for a wide variety of clients in different industry verticals
- Assess challenges within an environment, identify key strategic issues and advise on best alternative course of action
- Through the application of industry standards and security best practices, develop and recommend plans to structure secure architectures
- Define and promote enterprise level architectures that can meet compliance and regulation requirements while improving the security posture of the organization
- Apply expert level knowledge for technical security in the areas of big data, mobile computing, cloud computing, emerging IT trends and threats
- Analyze and assess customer facing requirements and challenges, identify recommendations for solutions, and define a roadmap to successfully implement such solutions
- Develop and deliver workshops in the areas of security operations, assessments, security processes, and solution definitions
- Develop reports along with presentations for both client and internal discussions
- 8 – 10 years of cyber security experience. The ideal candidate will have combined experience as a security practitioner and a security consultant.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree on Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Assurance or related field.
- Required certifications: CISSP, CISM, CRISC (at least one or comparable skills and experience)
- Extensive knowledge of current and upcoming security technologies and operations
- Knowledge of the various industry and government strategies and standards in privacy and security
- Technology Operational and Cyber Security Assessments in accordance with industry frameworks, such as COBIT 5, ISO 27001, ISO 27005, and NIST SP 800-30 and Cybersecurity Framework (HIPAA Security Rule and HITECH Act)
- Extensive ability to perform concurrent tasks in complex environments and adjusting priorities
- Ability to communicate and modify approach, language, and style to different audiences
- Extensive experience in organizing resources, establishing priorities, and leading security initiatives
- Must have excellent communication skills, writing skills, and the ability to work with team members at all levels
- Must be a performance-driven team player with an excellent attitude
If applying through LinkedIn please include a resume.
Travel is required and will be approximately 50-75%.