Division: Corporate Core
Business Unit: Corporate Technology
: Research & Development
: United States-New Jersey-Princeton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Level Required: Bachelor’s Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
Our support functions are split into two organizations, Corporate Core and Corporate Services. These organizations provide essential services to better enable responsible and profitable growth.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/
For nearly 170 years, pioneering technologies and the business models developed from them have been the foundation of Siemens’ success. Our central research and development unit, Corporate Technology (CT) plays an important role in this. Together with our global network of experts, we are a strategic partner to Siemens’ operative units and provide important services along the entire value chain – from research and development to production and quality assurance, as well as optimized business processes. Our support provided to the businesses in their research and development activities is ideally balanced with our own future-oriented research.
We at Corporate Technology are more than employees: We are actively helping to make people’s lives a little better every day. Would you like to be a part of that? Then join us. We offer you a high level of practical relevance as well as an opportunity to individually contribute your knowledge and your visions around the world. Whether you’re helping to develop products for the operating units or working in interdisciplinary projects for the business areas: At Corporate Technology you’ll be working in the heart of Siemens’ technological research together with the best.
We are currently seeking a Cyber Security Consultant for our Princeton, NJ location. As part of Siemens’ central research and technology consulting department, we ensure that the Siemens business units have access to a unique set of expertise in the area of IT and OT Security. Our goal is to enable them to develop and deploy high-quality secure products and solutions. Consequently, our team is actively involved in consulting and research, both Siemens-internal as well as publicly funded, to improve and develop innovative product solutions and services, and make them usable for Siemens.
Assignments will include
- Deliver expert analysis of Security Threats & Risks in order to define optimal security requirements for systems, solutions, and products.
- Consult Siemens product development teams to design and prototype state-of-the-art IT-Security and Cyber Security features, aligned to existing and anticipated IT-Security standards and business requirements.
- Designs security architectures for Siemens products and solutions, and develop or recommend best practice approaches to realize security features in products for a variety of special and limiting requirements.
- Develop project proposal structure, content and effort estimation
- Collaborate with internal and external researchers (e.g., universities) on Security research topics.
- Deliver cyber security consulting including security program definition, business process and technical control assessments, and control definition with industrial customers.
What are my responsibilities?
- Plan and manage security support projects based on standardized and customized offers, and adapted to specific needs of the Siemens business units and industrial domains.
- Conduct Cyber Security Threat & Risk analyses to derive security requirements for Siemens products in specific deployment scenarios.
- Conduct Cyber Security consulting projects to support product development and solution teams with technical, innovative, and feasible answers to their security problems, including demonstration and prototyping of recommended solutions.
- Provide expertise on Cyber Security know-how and methods, best practice approaches and solutions for security features and issues (including recommendation of existing products).
- Contribute to development of proposals for government grants, manage research projects and teams, and ensure delivery of desired results.
- Build a network with internal and external researchers in industry, academia, and regulatory bodies; represent Siemens at conferences and meetings, and publish selected results.
- Mentor junior employees during scoping, execution and lessons-learned sessions in projects.
- Specific projects that may require extended on-site engagements
What skills are needed to qualify for this position?
- Bachelors Degree and 8+ years of work experience in Cyber Security area required.
- 8+years proven experience delivering consulting on industrial cyber security standards and frameworks required. Examples include IEC 62443/ISA 99 and NERC CIP.
- Excellent theoretical and practical knowledge in Cyber Security solutions, methods, tools, and current research topics in Cyber Security required.
- Proven ability to develop new research ideas, and prior publications on IT-Security results a plus.
- Prior experience in at least one of the Siemens core business areas, i.e., Energy, Industry, Healthcare, or Infrastructure & Cities a plus.
- Proven ability to perform threat modeling in a workshop setting, discover and communicate threats and risks, and deliver technical Cyber Security consulting.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal) in English a must. Must be able to present complex technical topics in a clear and structured way and moderate discussions, meetings, and projects.
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural skills, ability to collaborate in teams of technical and non-technical experts.
- Ability to work methodically and independently and prioritize work; ability to self-assess and derive improvements for the team’s work and methodology.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a growing, dynamic, international team with a strong customer-oriented attitude.
- Willingness to travel 50% (domestic/international).
Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found on http://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/deemed-exports/deemed-exports-faqs?view=category&id=33#subcat34
What else do I need to know?
For more information please refer to our website at www.usa.siemens.com