Our client, a developer or supplier of advanced vehicle safety systems, is growing at a faster rate. Because of this, they’re looking for a Cyber-security Engineer to join their team. The Cyber-security Engineer is responsible for leading the development of Cyber-security product standards. You will also be responsible to represent our client in industry standards committees such as Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE), in the ongoing evolution of an automotive cyber-security standards. This is a stable, growing company that is offering significant future opportunities to break into new technologies. They are working with the latest and greatest innovations in the automotive field such as active safety, brake-by-wire, and automated driving.
Responsibilities of the Cyber-security Engineer:
- Lead the development and documentation of cyber-security engineering procedures, methods and target implementations for Passive Safety Electronics.
- Work with the Electronic Global Engineering tools organisation to ensure global accessibility to all tools identified.
- Contribute directly to platform and/or projects with architectural decision and technical solutions as they relate to cybersecurity.
- Interface with industry cyber-security standard committees to monitor automotive industry best practices and assist in the development of cybersecurity standards.
- Promote cyber-security standards and methodology within Passive Safety Electronics.
- Apply continuous improvement methodologies to Passive Safety Electronics Product Development Processes.
Qualifications of the Cyber-security Engineer::
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related degree.
- 5-10 years of experience in Cyber-security for automotive, military electronics, or other devices. A background in network security is not a match.
- Familiarity with industry product development standards like ISO-15504, CMMI, ISO- 26262, a plus.
- Experience implementing/maintaining security and/or quality processes through the development life-cycle.
- Previous experience with automotive safety product embedded systems a definite plus.
Salary Range: $90,000-125,000/year, based on experience
Location: Southfield, MI
Travel: As required
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: H1B transfers only. NO OPT will be considered