Archimedes is recruiting a Cyber Security Engineer to join our Engineering and Technology division at Ft. Huachuca, AZ.
The Cyber Security Engineer will be part of a team providing Security Engineering support to include evaluating system security requirements to ensure all software releases and development systems can be accredited for processing at appropriate classification levels in compliance with applicable policies, regulations, and guidelines.
Job duties include:
- Support and advise on Information Assurance issues/concerns in all phases of development throughout the software life cycle.
- Develop and prepare technical reports and related documentation for Certification and Accreditation (C&A) packages
- Coordinate with software developers to implement Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) changes that apply to the DCGS-A family of system baselines
- Support security risk analysis, mitigation, evaluation, and reporting in support of IA C&A processes
- Research and analyze DoD and Department of the Army (DA) policies to mitigate implementation problems that may impact the ACAS implementation
- Develop draft ACAS sustainment support documentation for updating and utilization of current and future DCGS-A architectures, change control, configuration management, and operations procedures
- Design and prepare technical reports and related documentation, and makes charts and graphs to record results
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science or other Engineering or Technical Discipline) and 10+ years of professional work experience (12 years of applicable experience, appropriate computing environment certification, and IA Workforce System Architecture and Engineer (IASAE) Specialty may be substituted for a degree)
- Must be knowledgeable with the Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), and all assessment and authorization policies and directives (i.e., DoDI 8510.01) for RMF
- 3-5 years of experience installing, configuring, administering and operating Tenable Security Center and Nessus Scanner, known as Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) in the DoD environment.
- Demonstrated experience with virtualization in a DoD environment
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Linux or Solaris operating systems and networking
- Knowledge and experience in working with Firewalls
- Knowledge and experience in working with Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (IDPS)
- Familiarity with the DIACAP program
- Ability to work independently and in a mentorship position
- Current DoD 8570 IAT level II certification requirements (including Security+)
- Active TS-SCI Clearance
- Demonstrated skills and expertise in the following technologies: SQL/XSQL Server Administrator (SA), Microsoft O/S and security, Information Assurance (IA), IP Data Networking and Vulnerability Assessment product engineering and design, IP network vulnerability scanner Tier 3 support, REM 3.X / Retina 5.X and greater, ACAS Security Center 4.X / Nessus 5.X or greater and HP Tenable Nessus products.
- IAT-III with CISA, GCIH, GCED, CASP or CISSP
- Knowledge and experience with RMF program