CACI is seeking a Cyber Security Engineer to join our team in Fort Hood, TX. The candidate will be responsible ensuring IT system compliance with all applicable laws, DoD policies, and standards. Perform system scans, analyze results, and write necessary reports and plans. Provide Network Environment (NE) and Computing Environment (CE) support, including implementing all applicable IA vulnerability alerts (IAVA), IA vulnerability bulletins (IAVB), and technical advisories (TA). Develop and implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), System Security Plans (SSP), Plan Of Actions and Milestones (POA&Ms) and other related documents to satisfy Assessment and Authorization (A&A) requirements in accordance with NIST 800-53, FISMA, Risk Management Framework (RMF) and other government guidelines, as required to achieve and maintain an ATO (Authority To Operate).
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Apply instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform IA tasks within CE and NE.
- Provide end user IA support for all CE operating systems, peripherals, and applications.
- Support, monitor, test, and troubleshoot hardware and software IA problems pertaining to their CE.
- Apply appropriate CE and NE access controls.
- Implement applicable patches including IA vulnerability alerts (IAVA), IA vulnerability bulletins (IAVB), and technical advisories (TA) for the CE operating system(s).
- Install, test, maintain, and upgrade network operating systems software and hardware to comply with IA requirements.
- Support Security Test and Evaluations (Part of A&A Process).
More About The Role:
- Implement and apply technologies, processes, and practices designed to protect networks, devices, programs, and data from malicious attack, damage, or unauthorized access. Maintain computer systems, networks, and other related device, including implementing all applicable IA vulnerability alerts (IAVA), IA vulnerability bulletins (IAVB), and technical advisories (TA). Investigate IT related security incidents to determine extent of compromise to national security information and automated information systems. May provide intrusion support to high technology investigations in the form of network assessments. Researches and maintains proficiency in tools, techniques, countermeasures, and trends in computer and network vulnerabilities, data hiding and network and device security and encryption. Performs duties in support of in-house and external customers. Configures and validates secure systems, tests security products/systems to detect computer and information security weakness. Generates security architecture documentation. Provides critical written and verbal analyses of previously generated security architecture documentation and vulnerability and risk assessments. Develop and implement documentation to satisfy NIST 800-53, FISMA, and Risk Management Framework (RMF) requirements. Designs and implements Plans of Action and Milestones (POAM) to remediate findings from vulnerability and risk assessments. Provides information assurance for digital information, ensuring its confidentiality, integrity, and availability. Responsibilities include monitoring and testing of IT systems for vulnerabilities and indications of compromise, incident response and remediation, and compliance with applicable government and other external standards.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Active TS/SCI Clearance and obtain CI Poly.
- Must have at least 5 years of interpreting and implementing DoD directives, instructions, and policies that provide direction and guidance and applying them to CE and NE.
- Knowledge of the Assessment & Authorization (A&A), and NIST RMF processes.
- Experience installing, maintaining, administering, and troubleshooting computer systems and networks.
- Experience with network security architecture to include, but not limited to firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems (IDS/IPS), content filtering devices, encryption devices, and DoD Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
- Qualified at the IAT Level II for the DoD Information Assurance Workforce, must possess one of the following certifications: CCNA-Security, GICSP, GSEC, Security+, or SSCP.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Familiar with scanning tools (e.g. NESSUS, ACAS, etc.).
- Familiar with Distributed Common Ground System (DCGS).
- Technical Writing experience (creating/updating IA policy & procedure documentation).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong presentation abilities
- Strong client presence and interaction abilities; Excellent understanding of common computing platforms, including Windows Server, RedHat Linux Server, and vendor specific appliance support; Some understanding of military hierarchy.
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
US-Fort Hood-TX-FORT HOOD
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.