Intelligent Waves is seeking a Cyber Security Engineer to work on a mission critical program for a major DoD organization located at Fort Belvoir, VA. The Cyber Security Engineer will support the mission by evaluating and testing the security solutions proposed for integration.
- Ensure appropriate cyber security solutions, standards and procedures are implemented across efforts to ensure information confidentiality, integrity and availability.
- Ensure all computing environments are in compliance with the standards established. NIST Framework for Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity, and emerging DoD polices Cyber Security.
- Develop the System Security Plan, Security Assessment Report, Risk Assessment Report, Security Control Traceability Matrix, Plan of Action and Milestones, System Software and Installation Procedures, Security Test Procedures and Software Application documentation policy and procedures requirements.
- Analyze network topologies, access controls, and general configuration of networks to determine exposed vulnerabilities and prioritize limited assets to greatest affect.
- Integrate appropriate security controls into each system to provide a secure IT enterprise infrastructure for support of mission requirements.
- Conduct security testing and evaluations IAW NIST SP 800-115: Information Security Testing and Assessment and AR 380-53: Communications Security Monitoring.
- Implement continuous monitoring and conduct audits of security system configuration.
- Identify malicious or suspicious behavior such as protocol, service or port violations and provide incident response as required
- Review and validate vulnerability scan results at the operating system(OS) and application level and perform detailed analysis in support of OS and application level vulnerabilities.
- Secure virtual environments.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Cybersecurity, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Certification: At least one of the following: CISSP, Security+, CEH, Cloud+, Linux+
- Experience: 15 years’ experience with IT systems security/information assurance within DoD. Additionally, experience with system security in distributed and cloud computing environments. Candidates should also have experience with Army Intelligence systems, intelligence policies and intelligence tradecraft is highly desired.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and customers at geographically dispersed sites are essential.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Self-motivated individual who requires limited supervision and has excellent time management skills.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
**Position Based on Contract Award**
Since 2006, Intelligent Waves has remained committed to providing quality engineering and intelligence solutions to our clients and it all starts with YOU. Intelligent Waves provides a great and generous benefits package to include medical, dental and vision, a 100% company funded HRA to cover healthcare deductibles, paid sick & vacation leave and, 100% company paid life & disability packages. We also invest in our employees’ futures by providing a matching 401K contributions with vesting starting from DAY 1, technical training, tuition bonuses, and much, much more.
Clearance Statement: Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance. For this position, Intelligent Waves will consider only applicants with security clearances or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.